31st October 2018, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Steps to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 96% in 10th CBSE?

Respected Sir, I have secured 96% marks in my 10th standard with CBSE Board. I want to join Indian Air Force. So, I would like to know about the steps for me to join Indian Air Force. Kindly let me know about the steps asap.

1st November 2018, 01:05 AM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 96% in 10th CBSE?

After 10th, you have to choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for 11th and 12th standard.
Then, after passing 12th standard, you can apply for NDA Exam.
While filling NDA exam online application form, you will have to give Air Force as first preference.
To qualify this exam, you need to first appear for Written Exam and then SSB Interview.
1st November 2018, 03:04 PM
Prriyapandeyy

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 96% in 10th CBSE?

First of all, you cannot join the Indian air force directly and that after completing 10th. You need to first complete intermediate with physics and maths. Then you have to appear for the NDA exam after qualifying it you may join any Indian defense service.
1st November 2018, 09:42 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The selection of candidates two Indian Air Force is through NDA examination conducted by UPSC.

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for the exam is 12th passed from recognised board.

You should pass 12th with Physics and Chemistry and maths to apply for NDA examination, the age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
2nd November 2018, 01:21 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Steps to join IAF:

>> After completing class 10, choose Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) in class 11 and 12.

>> You should get more than 60% marks in Class 10 + 2.

>> Then, after completing class 10+2, appear in NDA exam.

>> If crack the exam, you have three years training in the NDA along with people who would be going to Army & Navy too. After this, you get a B.Sc or BA degree depending on what you studied there. Then, another one year of training in the IAF and you would be commissioned as an officer in the flying branch of the IAF.
2nd November 2018, 07:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Air Force, candidate must have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board.
The candidate needs to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September.
Age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years and there is no upper Age relaxation.
2nd November 2018, 10:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Air Force can be joined only after qualifying the entrance test that is NDA entrance test conducted by UPSC.
Only those candidates can apply for this entrance test who have completed 10 + 2 with PCM from recognised board with at least 60% marks.
Minimum age must not be less than 16.5 years and maximum should not exceed 19 years. There is no upper Age relaxation.
2nd November 2018, 11:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates have to appear and qualify in various stages of examination for recruitment.

If you want to get the recruitment you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination. Candidates passed or pursuing in 12th in PCM stream are eligible to appear in the examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination will be conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.
4th November 2018, 05:07 PM
Meg24

Hello ,
The following steps are needed to get int Air force after your 10th standard:

1) Complete your 11-12th boards with P C M batch and score well above 60% av in your 12th boards. Considering your 10th results, I think it will not be a problem to you .
Then apply for NDA conducted by UPSC and you need to clear the SSB for getting selected in it .

If you could not clear the SSB , then do not worry , you can still get into Air force after your degree with the official air force notification.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?