3rd March 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UPSC IAS exam with English Medium after completing all my education in Hindi medium?

Hello sir , i am a b.a. 1st year student and i have completed all my education in hindi medium but i want to sit in u.p.s.c. Ias exam with english medium.... I am in a big confusion..... How can i do this well....

10th April 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC IAS exam with English Medium after completing all my education in Hindi medium?

hello sir i am doing in bsc in hindi medium can i do ias in hindi medium
24th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC IAS exam with English Medium after completing all my education in Hindi medium?

hello sir/madam, i have completed all my education in telugu medium but i want to sit in u.p.s.c. Ias exam with telugu medium. is this possible?
24th June 2012, 06:44 PM
padhakudkt

HI,
I am happy to inform you that I.A.S exam is conducted in both Hindi and English medium.
so you can give it in hindi medium!
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university with minimum 50% marks.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Must be citizen of India.

good luck!
6th August 2012, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am B.A. and my percentage is only 40%. can i prepare for the I.A.S.?
6th August 2012, 06:15 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi!!
Friend...You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable.
In order to become a IAS or IPS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION every year.
IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE & IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.

So , through this civil service exam, one can get into the Indian police & administrative service.

The only educational requirement for appear in this examination is a Graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized university or college.
You can give this examination in any recognized language as your wish. Whatever may the language or medium in your academic carrier.

So, you are eligible for appear in this examination.

This examination has three stages to be clear...
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW (PERSONAL EVALUATION)..

CSAT exam pattern-

No. of Optional subjects in CSAT-

No. of optional subjects in MAINS-

Age limit for appear in this CIVIL SERVICE Exam-

21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-30 years for the obc candidates,
21-35 years for the sc\st candidates...

No. of attempt for CSAT-

Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates...

You must have Indian nationality.

Physical standards-

Important dates for UPSC exams in 2012-

For more info-
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
6th August 2012, 06:17 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi!!
Friend...You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable.
In order to become a IAS or IPS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION every year.
IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE & IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.

So , through this civil service exam, one can get into the Indian police & administrative service.

The only educational requirement for appear in this examination is a Graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized university or college.
You can give this examination in any recognized language as your wish. Whatever may the language or medium in your academic carrier.

So, you are eligible for appear in this examination.

This examination has three stages to be clear...
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW (PERSONAL EVALUATION)..

CSAT exam pattern-

No. of Optional subjects in CSAT-

No. of optional subjects in MAINS-

Age limit for appear in this CIVIL SERVICE Exam-

21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-30 years for the obc candidates,
21-35 years for the sc\st candidates...

No. of attempt for CSAT-

Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates...

You must have Indian nationality.

Physical standards-

Important dates for UPSC exams in 2012-

For more info-
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
11th March 2013, 10:53 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir , i am a b.a. 1st year student and i have completed all my education in hindi medium but i want to sit in u.p.s.c. Ias exam with english medium.... I am in a big confusion..... How can i do this well....
You can very easily do it because it is not very difficult or you have other option that you can give the exam in hindi medium...

But for the english paper there is no other option and therefore it is advisable if you give the exam in english medium..

Practice more to get perfect..
12th March 2013, 01:44 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Smile Re: Can I appear for UPSC IAS exam with English Medium after completing all my education in Hindi medium?

Hello friend,
I am happy to inform you about the IAS Exam. In previous years it is conducted in both medium but some days before I see in news paper that upsc declared the medium instruction means If you graduate in Hindi medium than you apply for exam, in Hindi only and if you graduate in English medium then you give the exam only in english medium
So I suggest you that please check the upsc official website regularly or contact to any other coaching centre.
Thanks
12th March 2013, 09:41 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The job of IAS officer varies from the post he/she holds. It starts with implementing the government policies on the grass root levels. Even schemes like NREGA are implemented with the help of IAS officers.

Collecting taxes and utilizing public funds properly without any irregularity is also important for the IAS officer. High rank officers help the different ministries draft a policy for the welfare of the people.

IAS officer also plays critical role during the natural disaster. During the situation of floods, earthquake, tsunami, drought, IAS officer helps the government understand the ground realities to allow the government come up with necessary aid.

Coming to your question, it won't be any issue if you want to give exams in English. The candidates are given chance of whether they would like to give exams in Hindi or English. If you can handle the English language papers then surely there is no issue.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian nationals are selected for IAS.

2. Selected candidates should have minimum qualification of bachelor degree.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Minimum age to apply is 21 while maximum age is 30 years.

5. Age relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC candidate.

6. SC/ST is eligible to get 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview
12th March 2013, 08:02 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

According to your query, it will not be a great deal regarding with Hindi or English medium. you can write examination anyone of these mediums.

UPSC conducts IAS examination through Civil Services examination.

Civil services examinations like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS are conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure required for IAS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
4th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UPSC IAS exam
with hindi Medium after
completing all my education in
english medium?
1st November 2018, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Can a candidate appear for an IAS exam in Hindi language, except for one English essay paper of Preliminary exam.
4th November 2018, 05:15 PM
Meg24

Hello,
The IAS exam conducted by UPSC is divided into the following levels :
Prelims - Here the paper is set in two languages -English and Hindi .

Mains- Here you can appear for this exam in English or any of the 22 languages mentioned in the schedule 8 of the Indian constitution.

Interview- Here also you can opt for English & Hindi .

So well yes you can appear it in English medium after you complete your schooling in Hindi medium.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?