17th January 2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose in 11th to gain entry level knowledge for pursuing CA thereafter?

I will be going to class 11 this year. I want to pursue CA course in future. So, which stream should I choose in 11th to qualify for CA? I also heard that I can apply for Foundation level of CA right after completion of my 10th? Is is true?

18th January 2018, 07:52 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 11th to gain entry level knowledge for pursuing CA thereafter?

You can choose any stream of your interest in Class 11th as there is no compulsory stream which you have to choose to pursue CA afterwards. However, you can take Commerce to have an edge in CA Course as most of its syllabus revolves around Accountancy.

- You have to qualify CPT (Common Proficiency Test) in order to do Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). Exemption from CPT is applicable if you have secured more than 50% in Class 12th with Commerce stream, 60% if from Science Side, 55% if from any other side.

- Yes, you can apply for Foundational level of CA after your class 10th. You can apply for CPT test after that but you get a chance to write CPT only after completion of your senior secondary, not before that.
19th January 2018, 06:25 AM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 11th to gain entry level knowledge for pursuing CA thereafter?

Eligibility criteria for CA is minimum that you should pass to pass the 10+2 examination, how ever you can apply after 19th standard but can write the exam after completing +2 level only i.e.after 12th,you need to appear for Common Proficiency Test which is shortly called as CPT which is an entrance exam for CA.
Take commerce as your stream in 11th standard so that you can have a good knowledge of concepts in CA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?