13th February 2012, 02:03 PM
kumar samanjashya

Which stream should I choose after class 10th to become an IAS?

i am a 10th student and i want suggestion of which stream i should go 4 to face ias exam effiently?
send details on my emai lid...

27th March 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after class 10th to become an IAS?

which stream i should choose after class 10 for IAS officer?
28th March 2012, 06:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any stream after 10th class to attempt the IAS exam. There is no specification regarding a particular stream to be adopted after 10th class for attending IAS exams. The minimum eligibility to attend the IAS exam is a graduation in any discipline. You should be at least 21 years of age to attend this exam. The upper age limits for attending this exam is 30 years. You should also have secured your graduation from a recognized institute.
28th March 2012, 11:34 PM
shirley_schmidt

It depends upon you career aispiration and liking.
After 10th there are three stream-science,commerce and arts.
Science have the widest scope of all the 3.
You can go for engineering or professional courses like ca/cs/ICWAI
You can also apply for NDA.
If you want to go for IAS.You should complete your graduation first.
29th March 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

what stream shoul i chose to be ias officer
29th April 2012, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

WHICH STREAM SHOULD I CHOOSE TO BE A IAS OFFICER AFTER 12TH STD?
I AM A SCIENCE STUDENT.AND I WANT TO BE A IAS OFFICER.BUT I THINK THAT I'LL DO ENGINEERING FIRDT
IN ARCHITECT. SO CAN I GIVE EXAMS FOR IAS OFFICER AFTER I BE ARCHITECT........
26th May 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

What are the particulars subject that i should take perfectly for quallifying ias exam?
26th May 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my class 10th this year, i want to become an ias officer but i do not know what exactly is the job of an ias officer........so please let me know the same!!
31st May 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

i am now in 10th ,i want to become ias officer.so which subjects i will choose in 1 and 2 ?
2nd December 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

hii! i' m in class 10 i want be an ias officer and i know pcm is best to becom an ias officer but if i' m little bit weak in maths then how can i make it my strenght to bacom an ias officer
2nd December 2012, 06:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream if you want to apply for IAS exam in future.

For IAS exam Graduates of any stream are eligible to apply. So choose according to your interest if you want to study for IAS exams.

But you should also think about whether you have other option other than IAS exam.

There are many government jobs but only those who have real quality will qualify the exam.

So you must take the stream keeping in mind that you have other options also after completing graduation.

If you opt for Physics and maths in 10+2 then you can go for engineering and at the same time you are completing your graduation also.

When you complete your engineering then you can go for private job also and at the same time can start preparation for IAS exams.

In this way you will have many options for you other than IAS and you can prepare for IAS exam without any tension.

If you do simple graduation then your AIM will be only to clear IAS exam and you will have limited opportunities in private sector.

In the end it is upto you to take decision . Best of luck for your future.
28th March 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

but i like arts, so if i dont qualify IAS is there any other option for me?
22nd May 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

recently i clear my 12th exam and after 12th I'll do architecture can i'll fill the form of ias after my graduation
25th March 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an IAS officer ....... but i am least interested in maths and well in the fields of english and economics...... so plzzzz give me the suggestions ???????????
11th April 2014, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

my daughter is studying in 8th class & she is crazy about the history subject but unfortunately she is not good in maths so if she go for a arts stream after 10th which subject would be excellent in graduation for ias prepartion
23rd April 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me which stream I choose in 11th class for becomingan ias ????? Plz help me! I have to tell in the Skul..
25th April 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I HAD RECENTLY COMPLETED MY TENTH AND WANT TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER SO WHAT TO DO FOR STUDIES OF IAS MEANS WHICH SUBJECT I SHOULD STUDY OF?
I WANT TO KNOW THAT IN WHICH STREAM I AM GOOD....WHICH WILL HELP, TAKING SUBJECT IN ELEVENTH WHICH WILL HELP IN BECOMING AN IAS?
27th May 2014, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

i have intrst in arts stream bt many of my relatives told me that its not a beneficial stream thaat should b opt fr becmng an ias,,,,,,,,, is dis true ?
18th July 2014, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

i have intrst in arts stream bt many of my relatives told me that its not a beneficial stream thaat should b opt fr becmng an ias,,,,,,,,, is dis true ?........
5th April 2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

I am confused in choosing my stream wgeter science or arts in 11th class because there are different opinions of different people about this thing. I want to become an ias officer, it would be so greatful of you if you could help me out
8th July 2015, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I live in small village of sangrur. My father is farmer. Now,i am in class 10th in CBSE board and i want to be an I.A.S officer. So, plzzzz tell me what stream shall i choose after 10th.
9th July 2015, 03:35 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding Civil Services Examination.

Great to see your interest in the Civil Services examination. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the one of the famous job of our country India. The IAS examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
-->Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IAS examination.
-->The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

As per your question you need to choose any stream in the 12th or graduation degree. To appear in the Civil Services examination you need only graduation degree in any stream. So, don't worry and choose any stream as per own interest. For details and complete information visit official website of UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I recently passed 10th and i want to become an ias, which sub should be better sci or art
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?