12th August 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in Higher Secondary to study Hotel Management in Graduation?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am interested to study Hotel Management in Graduation. I am studying in 10th standard right now. I just want to know that which stream I have to choose in Higher Secondary so that I can further study Hotel Management in Graduation?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I opt in Higher Secondary in order to study Media Planning later on?
  2. To study Software Engineering courses at graduate level which stream to choose for Higher Secondary?
  3. In order to study Law in future which stream should I opt for my Higher Secondary?
  4. Whether Mathematics is compulsory for doing Hotel Management at graduate level?
  5. Should I study Hotel Management Diploma course instead of Higher Secondary if completed 10th?
  6. How to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after 12th Commerce?
  7. Should I have to study Higher Secondary after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management?
  8. Possibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management for ECE Diploma holder?
  9. Which stream should I choose in 10+2 for pursuing Hotel Management?
  10. Possibility to study Hotel Management course from best IIHM if failed in 12th (Commerce) in first attempt?
  11. Which stream to choose in 11th to do Hotel Management later on?
  12. Eligibility for doing Hotel Management course after B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get Bank Education Loan against Higher Secondary marksheet to study Bachelor of Hotel Management?
  14. Which stream should I choose for Hotel Management course to get a job in Airlines sector as an Air Hostess?
  15. How can i take admission for further studies after completing JJ School, Mumbai?
  16. Which one am I eligible for BA or B.Com? Which option is better to choose between two?
  17. Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?
  18. What subjects one should study in 11th for choosing Hotel Management in graduation?
12th August 2018, 03:12 AM
Annusingh5373

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Higher Secondary to study Hotel Management in Graduation?

Dear Sir, You just 10th clear in this year. And Choose the arts stream to hotel management. It is right way to hotel management courses...
12th August 2018, 04:55 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Higher Secondary to study Hotel Management in Graduation?

Minimum qualification required to do B.Sc in Hotel Management course is class 10+2 in any disciplinewith minimum 50% marks in aggregate.

So, you can choose Arts or Science stream to do this graduation course. Arts stream students are also eligible to apply. So, I will suggest you to choose that stream in which you have your great interest.

You have to crack entrance tests conducted by respective universities in order to get admission. Though, many universities don't conduct any entrance test.

Some good universities for B.Sc in Hotel Management course are as follows:

>>Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Pusa

>>Indian Institute of Hotel Management (IIHMs)

>>Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition

>>Lovely Professional University, Punjab
12th August 2018, 08:55 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion you should select commerce or science stream in Higher Secondary to study Hotel Management in Graduation.

BEST COURSES FOR YOU AFTER 12th CLASS

=> Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management.

=> Bachelor of Hotel Management.

=> Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management.

=> Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management.
12th August 2018, 11:01 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Intermediate from any of the stream even if you want to pursue Hotel Management.
Any particular stream in Intermediate is not required.
You can also pursue Intermediate from Science stream and after completing it you have to clear entrance exam to get admission in any of the good colleges offering graduation/ bachelor in Hotel Management.
12th August 2018, 11:02 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Hotel management course after 12th standard, you can choose any stream in 11th and 12th standard.

Science, Commerce as well as Arts stream students are eligible to pursue Hotel management course.

There are many courses available in Hotel Management like:

Bachelors in Hotel management
Duration: 4 years

BBA in Hotel management
Duration: 3 years

Bachelors of Science in Hotel Management

B.A in Hotel Management

Diploma in Hotel management

Certified course in hotel and catering management
Duration: 9 to 12 months
12th August 2018, 02:16 PM
Tutu12

For doing hotel management, you can choose any stream either science, arts or commerce in 10+2 in which you are interested . Thank you
12th August 2018, 08:13 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

A student who has passed higher secondary in any stream can pursue career in hotel management at bachelor level.
Instead of going for regular course at higher secondary,you can choose Diploma in Hotel Management after completing secondary education in case you are determined to pursue career in hotel management.
13th August 2018, 02:44 AM
DeepanshuVerma

Hotel management doesn't require as such stream in order to pursue it at graduation level. Any candidate who has cleared 12% from any stream with 50% of marks for general category and 40% SC/ST category are allowed to study hotel management at graduation level.

Entrance test conducted for admission to hotel management are :-
1}AIHMCT WAT
2}AIMA UGAT
3}BVP CET
4}JET
5}DTE HMCT

Course fees:- it depends from which institution one pursue , in government college fees would be around 20,000 to 40,000 whereas in private it may be upto 2,00,000.
15th June 2021, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects do I need to take in XI(arts) to study hospitality management?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?