29th February 2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I take after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

I want to become an IPS officer ,so which stream i should take after passing 10th class ???? What should i do after passing 12class

29th February 2016, 04:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I take after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

This is very general question and lots of candidates who want to become Civil Servant from childhood are confused at 10th level about what to study in 10+2 or bachelor's degree so that it would be easy to join Civil Services.

The answer to this question is that you can take any stream of your interest either it is science or arts or anything. Candidates from all disciplines are eligible for this exam. What all this exam requires is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree with passing percentage of marks from a recognized university. Anyone who meets this criteria can apply for this exam. Take stream of your own interest at both levels of education.
29th February 2016, 04:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your tenth you can take admission in any stream as per your interest such as Science, Commerce and Arts. A candidate must have completed a degree course in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 50% marks. You have to qualify the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
29th February 2016, 05:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You should have completed graduation with any of the stream from a recognised University .Even the candidate who are pursuing final year of graduation are also eligible to give this exam.But they should be also to show the proof for passing in graduation than they appear for interview. The age limit is 21 year to 30 years relaxation is the upper age limit upto 3 years OBC candidate. And SC /ST category relaxation is here in upper age limit upto 5 years.
29th February 2016, 05:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to become IPS officer after graduation degree. Candidate have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination for final recruitment.

As per eligibility candidate passed graduation degree in any discipline from recognised university and age between 21-32 years can appear for examination.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th February 2016, 06:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS is Indian Police Services. Those who want to become IPS officer, must appear for Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria:

*Minimum qualification is bachelor's degree.

*Age limit is 21-32 years.

You can take any stream in 10th and 12th which suits you and also which is according to your potential and strength. After 12th, you must do bachelor's degree to apply for this exam.
29th February 2016, 06:41 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should I take after 10th to become an IPS Officer?

IPS is the Indian Police Services recruitment which is conducted by the UPSC board which is Union Public Service commission,this UPSC board generally conducts various civil services examinations and different examination all over the India

After 10th you can apply for the Intermediate and Degree or graduation in any of the discipline of study in order to appear for the IPS selections.there are no particular study required to appear for the IPS,you can take up to your own interest in any discipline which you might have interest in.

There are many disciplines of study after 10th such as
  • MPS
  • MPC
  • BIPC
  • CA
  • CEC
  • MEC,etc

You can take up any of these courses and after the 12th you can apply for the graduation or bachelor degree courses in which you have interest in and then after graduation you can apply for the IPS examination.
29th February 2016, 07:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an IPS officer ,so which stream i should take after passing 10th class ???? What should i do after passing 12class
Becoming an IPS officer is a great thing and to do that you need to possess certain qualification. After completing 10th there is a long way ahead for you to become an IPS officer. First main thing to be noted is that you need to complete a degree from a recognized university in order to become an IPS officer.

There is no specific stream which you need to pursue after 10th in order to become an IPS officer. You can choose any stream you wish and excel in it and do a graduation which can be either related to the stream which you studied in your +2 or different as it doesn't matter. Only after possessing a degree you can apply for the IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

There are certain extra qualification which you need to satisfy in order to possess in order to apply for the IPS exam and they are:

# Nationality
# Age limit
# Educational Qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category candidates.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS Exam and for more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2016, 08:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service Which exam is conducted through UPSC every year , the candidates have to appear civil service exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam :

*The candidates should be a citizen Of India.
*The Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year students can also apply for this exams.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 years.
There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

for more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2016, 09:19 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 12th class you need to select the course which you have interest in. It will helpful to crack IPS officer. But one thing you should remember that with any type of course in your graduation you are absolutely eligible for Civil's Exams.

But one more thing you have to start your preparation from your initial stage of graduation. Then take good coaching for civil's during your graduation.

Select best books for preparation like NCERT, Manorama Year book etc.,
29th February 2016, 10:17 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There is no any restriction in subject selection. You can choose any of the stream in which you are interested. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria are:-

Candidate must have passed their graduation.

Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate in graduation from any of the recognized university.

Age limit is between 21 years to 32 years.

Candidate need to be physically fit.
29th February 2016, 10:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S.. So, you can pursue 10+2 and graduation in any discipline.

The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all for final selection. To have more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th February 2016, 11:23 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

This post is filled through Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year once.

To appear for this exam, you will have to apply through UPSC Online web portal i.e. http://upsconline.nic.in

But, you must be in final year of your graduation or have completed graduation course.

After 10th, you can choose any stream (either science or non-science) on the basis of your choice.

Then, you must complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized institute.

And, then you will have to apply for Civil Services Exam as soon as the notifications are released for exam on UPSC official site.
29th February 2016, 11:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You, can pursue any stream in 10+2 and even in graduation to appear for Civil Services Examination.

As according to eligibility to appear for examination conducted by UPSC candidates passed graduation or pursuing in any discipline can appear for examination.

But, from now if you go though a proper strategy for examination preparation you will definitely qualify in examination. The examination requires hard work and dedication to qualify in it.

So, you need to wait till graduation degree to appear and qualify in examination.
29th February 2016, 11:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required for IPS officer is graduation from a recognised university. You can appear in the examination if you have graduation in any stream or in any subject.

So after 10th class you should study as per your interest. You can choose science, arts or commerce for 12th study based on your interest. Even you can go for technical study like diploma, ITI etc. Once you complete graduation (normally 10+2+3) you will be eligible for IPS and then you can try for it.
29th February 2016, 11:49 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Nice to see your interest in the field of the Civil Services examination. As we know that the IAS, IPS is come under civil services. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. If you are interested in the Civil services then to appear in the examination you need the following criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IPS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. So, you can choose any stream in +2 class as per own interest.

There are no limit percentage required in graduation. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the Civil Services entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the Civil Serices examination please visit the official website of the UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th August 2016, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should Ichoose after completion of 10th claas to become IPS and IUPS
24th April 2018, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm vigneswaran.M I'm a athletic in state and I'm a basketball player also what would study for ips exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?