12th July 2013, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IPS? I am a 10th standard student

tell me how can i perepr myslef for ips i am in 10th stander plz tell me which subject i must go through to be an IPS officer hope you may suggest me right thing thank you .....

14th August 2013, 09:45 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How should I prepare for IPS? I am a 10th standard student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
tell me how can i perepr myslef for ips i am in 10th stander plz tell me which subject i must go through to be an IPS officer hope you may suggest me right thing thank you .....
To become an IPS officer you have to apply for the civil service examination which is only possible after the graduation. The civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is basically conducted in two stages. The first test is preliminary examination and on qualifying the preliminary examination candidates will be called for the second stage examination i.e mains examination.

How To Prepare
As you are studying in 10th standard now. It would be better if start making command in general knowledge. Studying arts after 10th is the best subjects for you for the civil service examination.
As most of the questions in preliminary examination comes from static general knowledge i.e history, geography, political science, economics, physics and chemistry(few questions) and some questions from current affairs. So it would be a good chance for you make a command over all these subjects.

Education Qualification
For the civil service examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age will be given to reserve category candidates as per the govt. rules.

For more information on civil service examination you can also visit at the official web site of UPSC or you can directly go there from the below given link:

www.upsc.gov.in
11th December 2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for IPS? I am a 10th standard student

How to become an ips officer after diploma
23rd December 2013, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

To become a ips officer for a st student,having 10th class with 52% with CBSE syllabus,77% with intermediate & 62% marks with btech syllabus,is iam elligible for this post plz help me...
2nd March 2014, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i completed intermediate with 94.6% & ssc with 89%(zphs),and am studying b'tech 1st year civil branch.
i want become ips officer,how get am an ips officer and how prepare the exams,what is steps involved in becoming an ips officer.
thank sir,
10th May 2014, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

My name is Mohit kumar .i want to become ips officer and i am passing 10thstandard and which subject to take for 11thclass become a ips officer .plz help me anybody .................plz
7th September 2014, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I am 9th standard student and I am studing in gujrat board so I can joint ips.I am studying in gujrat board so thats why I can joint ips because there is frequency of cbse bord.Please anser my question
30th December 2014, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

sir iam abhichandana studying in 8th standard my aim is to become an ips officer
its my dream sir i have a question that what i want to do from now onwards
how can i prepare and i dont like maths is there maths in this .. pls reply pls...
15th February 2016, 06:14 AM
Unregistered

sir please tell me, how many percentage compulsory for class 10th and 12th to become IPS officer
24th February 2016, 03:09 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> Admire for your great career great option .
-> IPS :- Indian Police Service . one of the respectable and highest government based profession .
-> For Qualifying in IPS . The following you should know first .
* Eligibility criteria :-
1) Completion of graduation with aggregate percentage .
2)Age limit 21-26 years .
3) Should be a citizen of India .
After this you have to appear in UPSC exam , after qualifying the written test (UPSC) you need to appear for physical test and then finally personal interview .
-> Everything is based on your common sense ,attitude and communication skills and intelligence levels .
-> Start reading newspaper
-> Start giving presentations of any topic in class to improve your skills .
-> Get daily updates of current affairs .
-> Maintain health properly and body size , height etc.,
31st March 2018, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have just completed my 10th and want to be an Ips officer. But i know it is not easy to pass the exam so i thought of trying as a teacher and then opting for civil service exams. But i am interested in science stream so what i have to do actually
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?