26th June 2010, 12:28 AM
amriya

Which subject to take up in BSc in order to pursue BSc Biotechnology?

Which subject to take up in BSc in order to pursue BSc Biotechnology?

can you please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I pursue after BSc Biotechnology? I am a student pursuing BSc in Biotechnology
  2. Should I do BSc life sciences or BSc Microbiology? Is it possible to do MSc Biotechnology after BSc Life Science?
  3. Which course has better job opportunities between BSc Microbiology and BSc Biotechnology? I have passed HSC with 62%
  4. Best stream to pursue B.Sc? Difference between honours and general ? Top college in Chandigarh?
  5. Can I pursue MBBS after completion of BSc Biotech?
  6. What should I do after 12th for a bright future other than Medical? -- [New]
  7. Can I do BSc in Biotechnology directly after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am i eligible to pursue BSc in Biotechnology? I have passed 12th in bio science
  9. From which university can I pursue B.Ed through distance education in Bangalore? I am a graduation in BSc Biotechnology
  10. Best institute in Allahabad for UPSC? I am doing BSc Biotechnology
  11. Which is the best branch of biotechnology? I am pursuing BSc in Zoology with Biotechnology
  12. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  13. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  14. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Where can i pursue Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Biotechnology course in West Bengal?
  16. Can I go for MSc in Clinical Research after completing BSc Microbiology with Biotechnology?
  17. What should I do after passing 12th with 63%?
  18. How to do BSc in biotechnology? Which delhi university colleges have BSc Biotechnology?
18th April 2011, 04:15 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Which subject to take up in BSc in order to pursue BSc Biotechnology?

For a career in Biotechnology you can opt for any of the below mentioned subjects in BSc:

- Biotechnology

- Genetics

- Microbiology

- Biosciences

- Zoology

- Botany

- Agriculture

Additionally, while pursuing MSc, you can give competitive exams like NET, GATE, DBT-JRF for a better future.
18th April 2011, 06:12 PM
saurabh1991

Default Re: Which subject to take up in BSc in order to pursue BSc Biotechnology?

Offfcourse biotechnology as core subject for bsc there is no other option buddy !!!!!!
18th April 2011, 08:34 PM
saswata06

You should choose Zoology,Botany and Chemistry in B.Sc. in order to continue your higher studies in Biotechnology.
18th April 2011, 08:40 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi,

I did not get your question as a whole.. If you take B.Sc biotechnology as undergraduate course, you will have to study the subjects covered in the syllabus of this course.

And it depends on the university under which you get admitted ,i.e according to the syllabus prescribed.

Now if you are dubious about which subject you will take if there are some options then you have to mention the names of the subjects here and then we can help you with your problem.

I hope you get my point. Good luck!
18th April 2011, 10:22 PM
romigill

hello amriya..

Subjects you should opt are:

Subjects taught in B.Sc. Biotechnology include Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomathematics, Bioinformatics, Plant and Medical Biotechnology, Genomics, Immunology RDNA Tech. etc.

Duration

3 Yrs. Leading to B.Sc. Biotechnology degree.

Scope

Almost every sphere of life will absorb a biotechnologist whether it is agriculture, horticulture, dairy farming, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, Careers in biotechnology tend to be related to Research and Development, Quality Control, Clinical Research, Manufacturing and Production, Patent Administration, Management and Administration. The Confederation of Indian Industry says that Biotech market will swell to $5 Billion and will create one million skilled jobs by year 2010.

Eligibility

10+2 having studied physics, chemistry and Biology up to class XII.

For further details:
http://www.scmt.ac.in/Courses/Biotechnology.html

Good luck my friend
12th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

will i get seat in bsc biotechnology college in dharwad with 50% result in puc 2 and what will be the fee for the seat in the college
10th June 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope if i take chemistry,botany and zoology in bsc?and what if i take biotechnology?
8th February 2012, 09:40 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

3 Yrs. Leading to B.Sc. Biotechnology degree.

Scope

Almost every sphere of life will absorb a biotechnologist whether it is agriculture, horticulture, dairy farming, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, Careers in biotechnology tend to be related to Research and Development, Quality Control, Clinical Research, Manufacturing and Production
17th May 2012, 10:45 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear,

Mainly in B.Sc biotechnology main subject is biotechnology only but with biotechnology naily other subjects are also important and that subject you can choose from their college list which are available in college and in biotechnology mainly micro,immuno,environmental,agriculture,industrial biotechnology involves.

See this atachment for subjects in semester wise.

All the best.....................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.Sc_biotechnology subjects.pdf(125.8 KB, 229 views)
2nd June 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

can phy and chemistry subject also come in bsc bio tech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?