31st July 2020, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should be there in Science group for pursuing Genetic Engineering?

As per new CBSE Board's curriculum students can opt many other subjects. I want to pursue a career in Genetic Engineering. So, can I take Biotechnology or Biology as one of my subject along with PCM? Or, is PCM only enough?

29th August 2020, 01:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should be there in Science group for pursuing Genetic Engineering?

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Bachelor's degree in Genetic Engineering is 12th passed from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks. The compulsory subjects in 12th must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Yes, you must opt for Biology as an additional subject along with PCM subject group if you want to pursue graduate course in Genetic Engineering. PCM subjects alone will not be enough.
2nd September 2020, 03:33 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subjects should be there in Science group for pursuing Genetic Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per new CBSE Board's curriculum students can opt many other subjects. I want to pursue a career in Genetic Engineering. So, can I take Biotechnology or Biology as one of my subject along with PCM? Or, is PCM only enough?
Eligibility Criteria:-
An individual aspiring for a career in genetic engineering can start the BTech course after his/her 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology
or
You can even Genetic engineering combination with biology..only when you have MCB in intermediate...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?