17th October 2019, 06:50 PM
JYOTI MASKE

Is there age relaxation for IES exam for ex-servicemen?

Sir, my father is an ex-servicemen. He got retired in 2000. I have his discharge certificate so my question is can he get age relaxation after 30 year of age of as I belong to general category for IES exam?

31st October 2019, 01:54 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there age relaxation for IES exam for ex-servicemen?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the age limit to apply for IES (Indian Engineering Services) examination for general category candidates is 21 years to 30 years as on the 1st January of the year of examination.

Further, there is provision of upper age limit relaxation of 5 years for ex-servicemen who have rendered at least five years Military Service.

So,if your father was rendered Military Services for 5 years, then he is eligible for 5 years relaxation in upper age limit to apply for IES examination.

For more details regarding IES examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2019, 04:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there age relaxation for IES exam for ex-servicemen?

The age limit for candidates belonging to general category is 21-30 years. There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.

Ex Serviceman candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation of five years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?