12th December 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance test to get admission in Chartered Accountant course?

I have passed my 12th board exam and wants to take admission in Chartered Accountant of India i.e., CA course. Do I need to write any entrance test for getting admission? How should I take admission in CA?

15th December 2018, 03:33 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance test to get admission in Chartered Accountant course?

Yes, there are entrance examinations to get admission in Chartered Accountant course.
And they are:-
CS Foundation Exam - Company Secretary Foundation Exam
CA CPT - ICAI Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test
15th December 2018, 04:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance test to get admission in Chartered Accountant course?

Yes, there is entrance exam conducted by ICAI for admission in Chartered Accountancy course. The name of exam is Common Proficiency Test.

You need to apply for this exam and crack it to get admission in Chartered accountancy course.
15th December 2018, 08:28 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. Earlier CA CPT was the entry level test for CA. ICAI replaced it with CA Foundation Test with effect from 1st July, 2017. After completion of 12th, You need to appear for CA Foundation exam which is entry level test. For that, You need to register for CA Foundation and undergo 4 months study period before CA Foundation examination.

Stages For CA
- CA Foundation
- CA Intermediate
- CA Final

Steps to Become CA (Chartered Accountant
- Register for CA Foundation. You have to undergo for 4 months study period.
- Appear for CA Foundation exam.
- After getting qualified in CA Foundation, You can enroll for CA Intermediate course.
- After registration for CA Intermediate, You will have to undergo 8 months study period before CA Intermediate examination.
- After passing single or both group of CA Intermediate, You are required to register for CA Articleship Training having 3 years duration.
- You have to undergo 100 hours of Information Technology and 1 week of Orientation Program before starting of Articleship Training.
- You have to undergo Advanced Information Technology and Management and Communication Skill program while pursuing your last two years of Articleship Training.
- After clearing both groups of CA Intermediate and during last six months of Artcleship Training, You can register for CA Final.
- You will become a CA as you will clear both groups of CA Final and 3 years Articleship Training.

CA Course Registration Fees
- For CA Foundation : Rs.9000
- For CA Intermediate : Rs.15000
- For CA Final : Rs.22000
16th December 2018, 06:32 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The is entry level entrance exam for Chartered Accountancy course. CPT means Common Proficiency Test.

CPT is conducted twice every year by ICAI. All streams 12th board candidates are eligible for CPT exam. Those who clear this exam are eligible for admission in CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?