6th March 2019, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Is there any lower class then LKG? Does Montessori comes before LKG?

My son Date of Birth is 09/07/2016. My mother tongue Sourashtra. And, still he know few words in English and Tamil. In LKG admission interview he was not able to reply to answers asked in English. What should I do now? Is there any further lower class in which I can get him admitted?

12th March 2019, 05:23 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any lower class then LKG? Does Montessori comes before LKG?

It is completely fine if your child is not able to give answer in any other language than mother tongue. You need not to worry.
Your child is going to be a very bright child.
Montessori is equivalent to preschool. However, is little bit different from preschool. Preschools only offer daycare with regular study routine. However, Montessori have their own teaching methods learning style.
If he is not able to clear one school get him admitted in another school. Some schools are very adamant with their rules and regulations. However, there are many who understand the needs and wants of a child. They totally understand that he is only a child eager to understand the whole world not just few words of English.
14th March 2019, 06:59 AM
S.Panicker

Default Re: Is there any lower class then LKG? Does Montessori comes before LKG?

The Montessori Method of Education, is a way of imparting education developed by Maria Montessori. It is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children. Montessori's method has been used for over 100 years in many parts of the world.
Play group is a class lower than LKG and it generally helps a child get used to being in a class and dealing with a teacher. The activities for the child in play group are fun and games based. It helps the child in interacting with elders and other children.
Play group admissions start as early as 2 years, you could send your child for a summer camp in the coming months as the activities in a summer camp are fun and games based too and your child will pick up language skills easily when with his peer group.
Do not pressurise a toddler at such a young age, some kids are very shy in the presence of strangers and it is a rule that infants should not be asked questions during an admission interview.
Also try introducing English words to your baby at home in a fun game way by showing him musical videos of poems and songs available freely on You Tube.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?