11th October 2011, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope to write GATE in 3rd year?

sir,is there any scope to write gate in third year...please mention to me the scope of it

12th October 2011, 07:03 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Is there any scope to write GATE in 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,is there any scope to write gate in third year...please mention to me the scope of it

INFORMATION REGARDING GATE-2012 EXAMINATION.

As per GATE-2012 eligibility criteria the pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for the GATE-2012 examination only final year and pass out candidates are eligible to apply for the GATE-2012 examination. So, if you are a 3rd year B.Tech candidates then you are not eligible to apply for the GATE-2012 examination.

So, you will be eligible for the GATE examination in the final year. There are some change in the GATE-2012 examination, please CLICK HERE...!!!! to know the change in the GATE-2012 examination. For any more information about the GATE-2012 examination please visit the official website of the GATE. :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Regards
~Mukul~
12th October 2011, 03:02 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
Till last year three year students can also apply.but some changes has been brought out. As per the new regulations only final year aspirant can apply for the exam.
GATE marks is valid for two years.So you can apply only during next year but you can start prepare from now itself for the exam if you are predetermined to write.
12th October 2011, 08:54 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for GATE-2012 exam:
Candidate should have complete B.E/B.Tech/Architecture/Statistical course
or
Candidate being in final year of above course can also eligible for the entrance exam.

So you are not eligible for this year,you may apply for next year.

For more details,then click here
26th December 2011, 11:30 AM
arun.potturu

You can write GATE entrance in final year but you are not eligible for it in 3rd year itself.
But you can write the exam for only practice purpose.The 2012 exam notification is going to release very soon so be ready for that.
For more details go for gate official website.
19th June 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

what are the preferred books in all the subjects in electronics for gate
20th June 2012, 03:17 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend,..

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This test is conducted every year for admission in M.Tech course in IITs and NITs.

You are eligible to give this exam if:-
1.You have completed your B.Tech course.
2.Or you are in final year of your B.Tech.

Since,you are in 3rd year now,so you are not eligible to give GATE exam now.

However,you can start your preparation now and give the exam next year.

The questins in M.Tech is mostly from B.Tech course only,so keep revising your syllabus.

Best of luck.

Thanks.
20th June 2012, 03:52 PM
epson

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

this is the eligibility criteria to write ...

not this year but you can prepare very well for next year and solve many sample papers to get good score in the next year's exam..

All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?