17th August 2018, 07:56 PM
Ashokrohira

Is there any upper age limit for pursuing Hotel Management degree in India?

I am 44 years old and have experience of working in a restaurant from last 24 years and I have done Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Delhi. I want to do degree in Hotel Management. What should I do for this at this age?

18th August 2018, 11:57 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any upper age limit for pursuing Hotel Management degree in India?

If you want to pursue Bachelor in hotel management then in order to pursue this course, you need to be 12th pass from any stream with English as one of the subjects and you need to take entrance test conducted by the conducting body. The upper age limit for to pursue this course is 22 years.
Being 44 years old you are not eligible to apply for this course.
18th August 2018, 05:27 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any upper age limit for pursuing Hotel Management degree in India?

Yes, there is upper age limit for studying the hotel management degree i.e., 22 years and there is 3 years age relaxation given for reserved candidates.

The age limit is for studying Hotel Management degree in regular mode but if you are really interested in studying the course then you can join in Hotel Management degree through distance/ correspondence mode. You can also study any certification courses or diploma courses related to Hotel Management.

There are many universities and colleges offering hotel management degree through distance/ correspondence mode, certification courses and diploma courses related to Hotel Management.

Based on your interest choose any university and study hotel management degree.
18th August 2018, 07:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for pursuing Hotel Management degree in India:-

Many institution do have an age limit ha
as one of their eligibility criteria, but it is very rare. You should at least 18 years or above with attitude academic qualification to join hotel management course.

Age limit:-

22 years - age limit for General / OBC category candidates and 25 years - age limit for SC / ST category candidates.

Top hotel management colleges in India:-

IHM Mumbai
IHM Chennai
IHM Hyderabad
IHM Ahmedabad
Rizvi Institute Of Hotel Management, Mumbai
Institute Of Hotel Management, Gwalior
Banarsidas chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Delhi.
18th August 2018, 07:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue Hotel Management degree course:

Aspirants must have completed 10 + 2 with English as a compulsory subject from a recognised board with at least 50% marks.

Minimum age should not be less than 17 and maximum should not exceed 22 years.

Candidates need to qualify the entrance test if they want to get admission in reputed universities and that is NHMCET.
21st December 2019, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Can also look at doing the course in Malaysia and move off to Australia at a very affordable cost
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?