24th September 2018, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible for MBBS after completing Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)?

I will be completing my 3 years full time Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) soon after which I was thinking of joining MBBS. But, I'm not sure whether I'm eligible for it or not. Kindly, please update me about the eligibility criteria for it.

26th September 2018, 11:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for MBBS after completing Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is five year course.

The minimum required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have minimum 50% for appearing in NEET and 60% for AIIMS examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination with Diploma qualification.
27th September 2018, 12:17 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for MBBS after completing Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery. It is five year course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examination for admission.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination. Candidate must have 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?