29th November 2018, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for class 1 in schools affiliated to CBSE board?

Hi, my son is 05 Aug 2013 born and is in UKG, but I came to know that CBSE has decided the age limit of 6 for std 1. So, shall I make him repeat UKG in next session? Please resolve my confusion.

30th November 2018, 04:21 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for class 1 in schools affiliated to CBSE board?

There is not any specific age limit prescribed by CBSE Board. The age limit is fixed by the school or state government.
According to me, if your ward is meritorious then he will get admission in Class 1 in any CBSE school at the age of 5 years also.
But if he is weak in study then it is better to repeat UKG in next session.
30th November 2018, 07:31 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for class 1 in schools affiliated to CBSE board?

The age limit required for the child to get admission in first standard in CBSE affiliated school is 5 years 6 months. If your son was born on 05 Aug 2013 and if he is pursuing UKG in CBSE school, then he will directly promoted to first standard.
30th November 2018, 04:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required in order to seek admission in 1st standard in CBSE school in India is 5 years and 6 months in the year of admission.
30th November 2018, 04:33 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum eligibility criteria, the student must have minimum age of 5 years and 6 months in order to get admission in 1st standard of CBSE school.
30th November 2018, 05:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for class 1 in schools affiliated to CBSE board:-

According to the age criteria chart issued by the CBSE for their school admission. A child is eligible to get admission in class 1 if he / she is minimum 5 years of age on the 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought, and a maximum of 7 years of age on the 31st March of the same year.
2nd December 2018, 10:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that the average age is 6 years to get admission in std. 1. But this criteria is not fixed for all schools. Every school has its own rules and regulations. That is why, your son is eligible to get admission in 1st standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?