14th January 2018, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the career prospect in Genetic Engineering in India?

Can I do Genetic Engineering after passing out 12th? How much is the average salary of Genetic Engineers? Which are the colleges that offer this course and what is their fees and appilcation procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th?
  2. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India
  3. Best college in Tamil Nadu for Genetic Engineering? Scope of Genetic Engineering in India?
  4. Colleges offering Genetic Engineering courses in India and Abroad? Required Qualification to pursue these courses?
  5. Will Genetics engineering be good for my career? From where should I do M.Tech in genetic engineering?
  6. Career options in Genetic Engineering? Can we get a good package in this field? Can I do it after 12th? What is the procedure for it?
  7. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  8. How to join genetic engineering after completing 12th?
  9. What is the difference between Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which of them has more career opportunities?
  10. List of colleges offering BTech(Genetic Engineering) in India -- [New]
  11. List of colleges which offer B.Tech(Genetic Engineering) in India?
  12. Genetic engineering B.Tech entrance exams and colleges in India
  13. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  14. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?
  15. Is Maths compulsory for Genetic engineering? What is Modus Operandi?
  16. List of colleges offering genetic engineering in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Best college to study Genetic engineering in India? Which country stands first in Genetic engineering?
  18. Names of colleges offering Genetic Engineering in Nagpur and Pune?
16th January 2018, 04:09 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the career prospect in Genetic Engineering in India?

Average Salary of Genetics Engineers are:-

In abroad:- $159,339 to $194,895
In India:- Rs. 3.5 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh

To pursue bachelor's course in Genetics, you have to complete higher secondary education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 60% aggregate from recognized board.

Some colleges conduct an aptitude test for admission in bachelor's degree in Genetics. You can also go through JEE Main & JEE Advance and must scored high rank in that to get admission in IITs.

Fee Structure:-
Fee may be approx 2 to 2.5 lakh per year. But this may vary from University to University. Government universities may cost lower than the value which is mentioned above.

Specialized Fields of Genetics are:-

Quantitative Genetics
Ecological Genetics
Population Genetics
Human Genetics
Immunogenetics
Classical Genetics
Molecular Genetics

Top Colleges in India that offer Genetics course other than IITs:-

Government Science College, Karnataka
University of Delhi
I.M.S University
Maharshi Dayanand University
Guru Nanak Dev University

Job Profiles:-

Assistant Professor
Genetics Laboratory Technician
Regulatory Process Manager
Biotech Sales Engineer
Consultant
Museum Educator
Technical Solution Manager

Top Recruiters are:-

Agricultural Firms
Research Institutes
AIIMS
Tata Memorial Centre
Indian Society of Cell Biology
Bcs-Insilico Biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?