16th June 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

What are the chances to get a government college after scoring 4066 rank in UPTU in GL?

I got 4066 rank in uptu in GL what are the chances to get a govt. college

Related Questions:
  1. Admission in government engineering college in Ajmer after scoring 4066 in RPET?
  2. Can I get government college in UPTU after scoring 31806 rank?
  3. Will I get government college after scoring 1992 rank in MBA in SC category in UPTU? How much should be the rank of SC student to get admission in government college in UPTU?
  4. Can I get a government college after scoring 105856 UPTU rank?
  5. What should I expect after scoring 12796 rank in UPTU Gen category, 3468 in BC, 1799 in GL and 318 in BCGL? Can I get a government college?
  6. Government college that I could get under UPTU after scoring 16567 category rank and 2383 girls category rank? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get government college after scoring 40446 rank in UPTU?
  8. In which college can I get after scoring 1513 rank in UPTU for MCA? Can I get a government college?
  9. Can I get UPTU government college after scoring 87890 rank in general -- [New]
  10. Possibilities of getting a government college through UPTU after scoring 2462(SC) rank?
  11. Which government college can I get in UP after scoring 983 rank in UPTU?
  12. Can I get government or any other good college after scoring 60603 rank in UPSEE? Till what rank did UPTU admit in government college last year?
  13. Can I get a government college after scoring 23677 in UPTU B.Tech
  14. Can I get admission in government college after scoring 2319 GN, 716 GL, 1361 GLBC in UPTU MBA?
  15. Can I get a government college after scoring 49740 rank in UPTU?
  16. Can I get a government college after scoring 243 in UPTU
  17. Can I get a government college after scoring UPTU General rank of 2052 and 86 in Biotechnology?
  18. Can I get a government college after scoring a rank of 1287 in general in B.Tech Bio in UPTU?
20th August 2012, 08:22 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the chances to get a government college after scoring 4066 rank in UPTU in GL?

Your chances of getting a seat on the basis of rank are quite positive and likely with a rank of 4066 in UPTU. But, unfortunately you haven't mentioned your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization!

You must remember that your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization is also important to get you a seat in any college. You haven't even mentioned that. In the absence of such vital information it is not even possible to say for which college/university you are eligible for.

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India. There is also a different quota of allotted number of seats for ST/SC/ and OBC.

However, a UPTU qualified candidate gets preference in the engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
There are also colleges which take admission if you have secured 40% or above aggregate marks, but then again there shall always be a question mark left on the reputation and they quality of education they impart.
20th August 2012, 08:43 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the chances to get a government college after scoring 4066 rank in UPTU in GL?

Your chances of getting a seat on the basis of rank are quite positive and likely with a rank of 4066 in UPTU. But, unfortunately you haven't mentioned your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization!

You must remember that your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization is also important to get you a seat in any college. You haven't even mentioned that. In the absence of such vital information it is not even possible to say for which college/university you are eligible for.

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India. There is also a different quota of allotted number of seats for ST/SC/ and OBC.

However, a UPTU qualified candidate gets preference in the engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
There are also colleges which take admission if you have secured 40% or above aggregate marks, but then again there shall always be a question mark left on the reputation and they quality of education they impart.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?