13th November 2015, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

What course should I take to become a CBI Officer?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a 8th class student. I live in Hyderabad, name of my school is pallavi madel school. My name is tejas i just want to know that what course should i take after 10th class to become a CBI office.? Can you please guide me on the same?

JAI HINDH
YOUR RESPECTED
TEJAS

14th November 2015, 10:25 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: What course should I take to become a CBI Officer?

First of all you should have complete your 12th or graduation degree in any stream passing with minimum 50% marks from recognized board or university.

Eligibility Criteria:- You must be graduate in any stream from recognized university.After completing graduation you will have to appear SSC exam.SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission.

Age limitations:- Age must be in between 20 to 25 years.

Exam Pattern:- Written exam
1.Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam

Selection Procedure:-It is based on written exam ,Medical Test & Interview.

You can collect application form on the official website of SSC.
14th November 2015, 11:02 AM
skhawking

Dear Tejas,
It's nice to hear from you about your aspiration to become a CBI officer.

Tejas,CBI stands for Central bureau investigation and it is the best investigation agency of India so it's always tough to get a place in CBI but it's possible of you will prepare for it genuinely.

Now,coming on your question, I want to tell that there is no restrictions issued by CBI regarding your intermediate course .i.e they accept students from any course whether it is Science, Commerce or Arts.

But Science stream in intermediate will be better for you because it has more scope than any other stream

I hope it will help you.
Best of luck for future!
14th November 2015, 12:14 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a 8th class student. I live in Hyderabad, name of my school is pallavi madel school. My name is tejas i just want to know that what course should i take after 10th class to become a CBI office.? Can you please guide me on the same?

JAI HINDH
YOUR RESPECTED
TEJAS
To become a CBI officer you need to sit for Combined Graduate Level Exam which is conducted by the Staff Selection Committee. This exam is mainly conducted to hire Sub-Inspectors of Police.

CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

-You need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Since no subject has been mentioned in the criteria list, therefore, you have the option to go ahead with any subject of your choice which you know will be able to fetch you good marks in both school and college.

-Age Criteria:-

1. Assistants and Sub-Inspectors: 20-27 years
2. Inspector of Income Tax/ Assistant Enforcement Officer and Divisional Accountant/Auditors/ UDCs: 18-27 years

-There is a three stage procedure you need to go through to finally get selected:-

1. Tier I: Prelim Written Examination
2. Tier II: Main Written Examination
3. Tier III: Personality Test/Interview Session

Official Website: http://www.cbi.nic.in
14th November 2015, 12:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the SSC CGL examination conducted by the SSC every year as according to the present educational qualification.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-30 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So, you need to complete the graduation course to appear for the examination. For more information about the examination visit at the www.ssc.nic.in. The examination is conducted in the three stages.
14th November 2015, 03:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

A long way to go for the Central Bureau of Investigation as you are just in 8th standard. Recruitment to this department is done on the basis of two exams Civil Services exam conducted by the UPSC and Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.

For both exams, minimum qualification is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply. You can take any stream after 10th either science or arts or commerce in 10+2 as well as in bachelor's degree to become eligible for these exams.

You need to clear the different stages of exam to get a job in Central Bureau of Investigation.
14th November 2015, 09:07 PM
ant man

CBI stands for Central bureau of investigation.

Basically you must have completed graduation in any stream to become CBI officer, even 12th candidates are eligible for sub inspector posts.

You must write SSC exam to become a CBI officer. SSC exam is conducted every year by the central government.

Eligibility for SSC :
1. You must have completed 12th or degree from a recognised board/university.
2. Your age must be in 18 - 27 years.

You can get more details and application on the website >>www.upsc.gov.in
14th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become the CBI officer after the 8TH standard. You need higher degree to appear for the entrance examination conducted to get the recruitment as an officer.

To become the CBI officer the candidates have to qualify in the SSC CGL entrance examination conducted by the SSC every year and the examination is conducted in the three stages.

So, you need to complete the graduation degree to appear for the examination. For more information about the examination visit at the www.ssc.nic.in.
14th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Mohit.Bansal

I really appreciate your determination. CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.

You can become CBI officer through SSC CGL(Combined Graduate Level) Exam.

The exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission) every year for the graduate candidates.

The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from recognised college or university.

The age of the candidates should be within 20 years to 25 years.

There is also relaxation in age for reserved category candidates.
15th November 2015, 01:21 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Acronym of CBI is Central Bureau of Investigation.
For this first of all you should complete your graduation. You have to write SSC (staff selection commission) for this post. SSC examination is conducted by central government every year.
Eligibility criteria:-
You can write ssc after 12th also but for CBI you must have completed your graduation with recognized university.
Your age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 28 years. Age relaxation is available for reserved candidates.
31st May 2016, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

What are the government jobs available after 10 2 ?
I need a government job after 12th because of some financial problems.
please mention some jobs after 12th in india.
11th January 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am lavanya, I live in Hyderabad, name of my college aymb,My name is lavanya i am pursuing mba final year with major finance and minor hr to become a CBI office.? Can you please guide me .

JAI HINDH
YOUR RESPECTED
LAVANYA
11th January 2017, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a mba student. I live in Hyderabad, name of my college is aymb, My name is lavanya i am pursuing mba final year with major finance and minor hr how to become a CBI officer? Can you please guide me ?

JAI HINDH
YOUR RESPECTED
LAVANYA
16th May 2018, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my degree now after completing this how much time Period I will take to clear all the process and examinations to became a cbi officer
6th February 2020, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

What are your responsibilities as a CBI Officer
29th April 2020, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

To become cbi officer I must have completed my graduation from recognised university. Recognised university means?
30th August 2020, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation is best for cbi and which exam clear for cbi
7th September 2020, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

The course Bse criminology is best for cbi ?
7th February 2021, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir /madam I am Hemanth pasupuleti my degree bsc 1st year completed can I join cbi inv
stigation officer can you please guide me
Your respected
Hemanth pasupuleti
1st July 2021, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Good morning!
Respected Sir/madam.
Iam ch. Kavya, iam just finished my 10th class .I wanted to be a CBI officer because what can I do after my intermediate. Please suggest and guide for my future life style.

Thanking
Your 's obediently.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?