11th July 2020, 12:31 PM
Monutty

What are the criteria and procedure for starting PhD after M.Com?

Hi, I have completed my M.Com and now wish to start with PhD. So, anybody can please guide me on this and provide information like the universities good for PhD, admission criteria and procedure, any entrance requirement and which subject area would be best for PhD after M.Com.

15th August 2020, 06:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the criteria and procedure for starting PhD after M.Com?

Yes, you can pursue Ph.D. course after completing M.Com from a recognized University. Also, note that minimum requirement for pursuing Ph.D. course is 55% in masters course. So, you must meet that requirement.

For reserved category candidates, this percentage criteria is set to 50%

Additionally, you need to qualify entrance exam like UGC NET/SLET to pursue Ph.D. course.

Since, you are a Commerce post graduate, so you choose among following subjects that are relevant to your field.
  • Economics
  • Political Science
  • History
  • Geography
  • Psychology
  • Commerce
  • Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?