8th April 2020, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

What are degree courses available in Mathematics after 12th which can help to become a Mathematics Teacher?

I am Hemalatha and I have completed 12th std. What are the number of degree courses available to became a Mathematics Teacher in Government High Schools? What are the exams and number of exams are there related to Mathematics?

12th April 2020, 03:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are degree courses available in Mathematics after 12th which can help to become a Mathematics Teacher?

To become a Mathematics teacher in Government High Schools, candidate should qualify CTET exam (for CBSE Board schools and other schools) or TET exam (for State Board schools).

These exams are specially conducted for recruitment of teachers in government schools. So, if you qualify this exam, then you can get job as a teacher in Government school.

For applying towards these exams, you should possess at least one of the following.
  • Completed graduation or are in the final year of your 2 year diploma course.
  • Completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Education.
  • Completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 4 year Bachelor course of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).

For qualifying CTET exam, there will be two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II comprising following subjects.
CTET Paper - I
I. Child Development and Pedagogy
II. Language – I
III. Language – II
IV. Mathematics
V. Environmental Studies

CTET Paper - II
I. Child Development and Pedagogy
II. Language – I
III. Language – II
IV. Mathematics and Science
V. Social Studies/Social Sciences

Note that CTET Paper-I is for Class 1 to 5 while Paper-II is for Class 6 to 8.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?