31st May 2019, 03:48 PM
hardik2

What are the different requirements to apply for the post of Deck Cadet Officer in Merchant Navy?

I got 43% in Science group (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). Am I eligible to apply for the post of Deck Cadet Officer in Indian Merchant Navy? If not, then what is the minimum standard qualification required to be eligible to apply for it?

29th November 2022, 07:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the different requirements to apply for the post of Deck Cadet Officer in Merchant Navy?

Procedure to become Deck Cadet Officer in Merchant Navy:

The detailed procedure to become a Deck Cadet Officer in Merchant Navy is given below,

Name of the Post - Deck Cadet Officer

In order to become a Deck Cadet Officer, you are required to first meet the educational qualification. The minimum educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in Nautical Science preferably B.Sc in Nautical Science course.

@ For doing this course, candidiates must have passed 12th class in 10+2 pattern with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with minimum 60% Mark's.

@ After that you are required to appear in entrance examination like IIT JEE or concerned equivalent exam to do the course.

@ Once you complete the course mentioned above and after successful completion of sea training you can appear for entrance examinations conducted by Directorate General of Shipping, one can become Deck Cadet Officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?