22nd April 2021, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

What are the different ways to prepare for current affairs?

Hello Sir/Madam, Could you please tell me the sources that can help me to keep my self updated with current affairs. It would be better if you provide me with some online sources of current affairs. Explain me different ways not just online.

24th April 2021, 05:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the different ways to prepare for current affairs?

°°° Different ways to prepare for current affairs

Newspaper reading - The hindu, The Indian Express

Monthly current affairs magazine - Pratiyogita Darpan / civil services X / Yojana / Niti Aayog reports / economic and political weekly / etc.

You can also subscribe some YouTube channels for current affairs.

Don't make any contemporary themes which make news regularly such as political crisis in the Middle East / Tiger conservation programmes/ schemes for women empowerment etc.

Make topic wise notes in chronological order to review the past happening and understand the differences easily

The most relevant way to improve your current affairs and stay in touch with current affairs is to watch news channels

Internet has become a strong power of youth where they can learn new things like current affairs easily
24th April 2021, 06:26 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Some of the best sources to prepare for current affairs:-

> Newspaper
> Monthly current affair magazine
> Internet
> All India radio

How to prepare:-

> Practice 50 MCQs on current affairs daily.
> When the exam is near practice 100 MCQs daily.
25th April 2021, 05:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Current affairs plays a vital role in present scenario cracking any competitive exams.It has good presence in a question papers of exam conducted nowadays.
Newspapers are one of the best sources to prepare for the current affairs. Time of India, The Hindu are good newspaper which you can refer for current affairs.

Different ways to prepare notes from newspapers:-

1 - First thing, you must avoid local news which is not of importance in any manner, political news controversy etc.

2 - Read news of national and international importance and recent happenings in the field of science, commerce, sports etc.

3 - Make recent happenings down in your copy or notebook for future reference so that you can revise it later on.

4 - Read editorial section of the Hindu. Make your own notes out of that refer to Science and Technology position.

5 - Other than newspapers, there is one website where everyday current happenings are updated is www.gktoday.in. You can read the current affairs from this site also.
17th May 2021, 01:13 AM
$aurav

Sources for current affairs should be Authentic, Verifiable and easily Accessible as and when you need them. So select your sources wisely.
Best sources of current affairs which I personally prefer are:

1. Daily news podcasts by AIR news.

2. Current affairs quizzes which are available online such as the ones provided by testbook.com

3. National newspapers such as The Hindu (do not waste too much time on reading long editorials). Read selected articles.

4. Current Affairs analysis by experts on youtube. Although you may sometimes need to double check such sources yourself. So use only authentic sources and make notes on daily or weekly basis.

Thankyou.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?