10th February 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

What are the educational requirements to become a fighter plane pilot?

what are the education requirements to become an fighter plane pilot

12th September 2013, 08:16 PM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: What are the educational requirements to become a fighter plane pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are the education requirements to become an fighter plane pilot
hai............

Here are the Navy's general medical standards for aviators. These are just the base physical standards to remain in aviation. A full and complete flight physical is required by a flight surgeon. Below these are the more stringint standards required for student naval aviators, which you would have to pass just to qualify to become a student pilot.

As far as laser eye surgery is concerned, it is currently considered disqualifying for flight. But, the good news is that it is waiverable and as long as you get it done with a reputable doctor and you have all the proper paperwork completed, there is no reason the waiver would not be granted unless there are complications with the surgery. Also important to know is that PRK is the only waiverable type of surgery. LASIK has NOT been approved for a waiver, but that is expected to change in the next few years.

If eyesight becomes a problem and you don't meet the standards for a naval aviator, you could become a naval flight officer. You still get to fly, even possibly be a back-seater (RIO) in a fighter jet, so if you really want military aviation and are willing to not be the guy controlling the aircraft, this is a great option.

Keep in mind that these are only the minimum physical standards required. Before you can even apply for naval aviation, you must be on track to get a commission in the USN or USMC, you must pass the ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery) test, and you must stand out amongst your fellow midshipmen both mentally and physically because you are competing for those few available spots.

Good luck and if you have any more questions, my email is [email protected]. I am a student naval aviator so I have plenty of info, just too much for this forum.

PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
Aeronautically Adapted (AA): Designated personnel must remain Aeronautically Adapted. If member is Not Aeronautically Adapted (NAA), the psychiatric block should be checked abnormal with appropriate comments. Refer to MMD 15-67 for disposition of aviators found NAA.

Valsalva: Must demonstrate ability to equalize middle ear pressure.

Self Balance Test (SBT): Must pass.

Dental: Must have no defect which would react adversely to changes in barometric pressure (Type I or II dental examination required).

Laboratory Testing:
Urinalysis: Must have normal values. Specifically must be negative for glucose, albumin/protein, and blood.
Syphilis Serology: Must be negative or have documented curative treatment or other explanation for positive test.
HIV Testing: Must be negative or documented that it was drawn.
Hematocrit: Males 40-52%. Females 37-47%. If values are outside of this range refer to ARWG for proper evaluation and disposition.

Lipid Panel: There are no standards at this time. This does not mean the flight surgeon can ignore these values. Individuals with hyperlipidemia should have documented evaluation, counseling, and treatment in accordance with standard medical guidelines.
Fecal occult blood testing: Required annually at age 50 and older or if personal or family history dictates. Digital rectal exam is not required.

EKG: Disqualifying conditions are:
(1) Ventricular tachycardia defined as three consecutive ventricular beats at a rate greater than 99 beats per minute.
(2) Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other pre-excitation syndrome predisposing to paroxysmal arrhythmias.
(3) All atrioventricular and intraventricular conduction disturbances, regardless of symptoms.
(4) Other EKG abnormalities consistent with disease or pathology and not explained by normal variation.

Blood Pressure: Systolic must be less than 140 mm Hg and Diastolic less than 90 mm Hg. If a single measurement is outside of this range, a 3-5 day blood pressure check must be completed. The average of the 3-5 day blood pressure check must fall within the above standards.

Pulse Rate: Shall be determined in conjunction with blood pressure. If the resting pulse is less than 45 or over 100, an electrocardiogram shall be obtained. A pulse rate of less than 45 or greater than 100 in the absence of a significant cardiac history and medical or electrocardiographic findings shall not in itself be considered disqualifying.

Distant Visual Acuity: 20/400 or better each eye uncorrected, corrected to 20/20 or better each eye. The first time distant visual acuity of less than 20/20 is noted a manifest refraction (not cycloplegic) shall be performed recording the correction required for the aviator to see 20/20 in each eye (all letters correct on the 20/20 line).

Refractive limits: Refractions will be recorded using minus cylinder notation. There are no limits. However, anisometropia may not exceed 3.50 diopters in any meridian.

Near Visual Acuity: Must correct to 20/20 in each eye using either the AFVT or standard 16 Snellen or Sloan notation nearpoint card. Bifocals are approved.

Oculomotor Balance:
(1) No uncorrected esophoria more than 6.0 prism diopters.
(2) No uncorrected exophoria more than 6.0 prism diopters.
(3) No uncorrected hyperphoria more than 1.50 prism diopters.
(4) Tropia or Diplopia in any direction of gaze is disqualifying

Field of Vision: Must be full.

Color Vision: Must pass any one of the following two tests:
(1) FALANT or Optec 900: 9/9 correct on the first trial or, if any are missed, at least 16.18 correct on the combined second and third trials.
(2) PIP color plates (Any red-green screening test with at least 14 diagnostic plates; see manufacturer instructions for scoring information), randomly administered under Macbeth lamp: scoring plates 2-15, at least 12/14 correct.

Depth Perception: Only stereopsis is tested. Must pass any one of the following three tests:
(1) AFVT: at least A – D with no misses.
(2) Stereo booklet (Titmus Fly or Randot): 40 arc second circles.
(3) Verhoeff: 8/8 corrent on the first trial or, if any are missed, 16/16 correct on the combined second and third trials.
Intraocular Pressure: Must be less than or equal to 22 mm Hg. A difference of 5 mm Hg or greater between eyes requires an ophthalmology consult, but if no pathology noted, is not considered disqualifying.

STUDENT NAVAL AVIATOR STANDARDS:
All applicants for pilot training must meet Class I standards except as follows:

Visual Acuity, Distant and Near: Uncorrected visual acuity must not be less than 20/40 each eye, correctable to 20/20 each eye using a Goodlite eye chart. Vision testing procedures shall comply with those outlined on the Aerospace Reference and Waiver Guide Physical Exams section.

Refractive Limits: If uncorrected distant visual acuity is less than 20/20 either eye, a manifest refraction must be recorded for the correction required to attain 20/20. If the candidate’s distant visual acuity is 20/20, a manifest refraction is not required. Total myopia may not be greater than -1.50 diopters in any meridian, total hyperopia no greater than +3.00 diopters in any meridian, or astigmatism no greater than -1.00 diopters. The astigmatic correction shall be reported in minus cylinder format.

Cycloplegic Refraction: This is required for all candidates to determine the degree of spherical ametropia. The refraction should be performed to maximum plus correction to obtain best visual acuity. Due to the effect of lens aberrations with pupil dilation, visual acuity or astigmatic correction, which might disqualify the candidate, should be disregarded if the candidate meets the standards for visual acuity and astigmatism with manifest refraction.

all the best...
2nd May 2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the educational requirements to become a fighter plane pilot?

Sir I am in 10th class and after that what course I do to become a fighter pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?