25th October 2018, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to appear in Mathematics Olympiad for 5th standard student?

Hello friends, my son is studying in 5th standard. I want him to appear in Mathematics Olympiad. But I don't know that whether he is eligible or not for Mathematics Olympiad. So, please let me know abut the eligibility criteria.

28th October 2018, 03:11 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to appear in Mathematics Olympiad for 5th standard student?

Eligibility to appear in Mathematics Olympiad for 5th Standard student are as follows:-
All the students who are studying in Class 1 to Class 12th are eligible to participate in this Mathematics Olympiad.

Procedure:- An applicant can apply for the Mathematics Olympiad through his/her respective school.
28th October 2018, 04:03 PM
perthc

Default Re: What is the eligibility to appear in Mathematics Olympiad for 5th standard student?

Hi,

The eligibility to appear in Mathematics Olympiad for 5th standard student is as follows:-

The candidates first need to write the Regional Mathematical Olympiad of their respective state or region, usually held on the first Sunday of December of the previous year.

Around thirty students are selected from each region, to write the INMO, which is usually held on the first Sunday of February.

Among these 500 or more students, a total of around thirty qualify the INMO and are sent to the month-long training camp at HBSCE to prepare for international Olympiad math.

At the end of the training camp, six students are selected to sit for the International Math Olympiad (IMO).

Usually, the INMO is held on the first Sunday of February. This year, the examination was held on Sunday.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?