21st June 2019, 04:50 PM
PuniPou

What is the eligibility to apply for Master degree in Library from IGNOU?

I was wondering if I can pursue Masters degree in Library. I have completed my graduation from Science stream in the year 2005. There is a lot of gap, so I want to know if there is any chance of pursuing the mentioned course. I want to clarify that I would prefer IGNOU course.

26th June 2019, 07:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to apply for Master degree in Library from IGNOU?

First thing I would like to let you know is that IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers Master of Library and Information Science degree rather that simply a Master of Library degree course.

Further, to pursue the same degree course, you are required to have completed your bachelor's degree in Library and Information science or equivalent from a recognised university.

So, having completed your Bachelor's degree in Science stream, you are not eligible to pursue masters degree in library science.

For details regarding different courses offered by IGNOU and its minimum educational requirement, you can refer to the website www.ignou.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?