22nd August 2019, 10:10 AM
Rohitgopi

What is the eye sight requirement for joining either Army or Police?

I have 6/6 vision in my right eye and no vision in left eye. Am I eligible to join either Army or Police? What is the standard eye vision required? Can I use contact lenses?

28th August 2019, 04:56 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eye sight requirement for joining either Army or Police?

If you have no vision in one of your eyes, then you come under Physically Handicapped category (PH). And you cannot correct that eye with no vision through contact lenses.

Notably, physically handicapped (PH) category candidates are not eligible for Indian Army applications. But they can apply for Police recruitment. Many state police departments release notifications for Physically handicapped candidates. You can apply in one of those recruitment.

Hence, you are eligible for Police requirement but not for Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?