28th August 2017, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

What happens if I fail in additional subjects but pass in the rest of 5 subjects?

What happens if I fail in additional subjects and passed in rest 5 subjects in final year college? Will it be considered as backlog as well? Can you please give me the details? What should I do to ensure that I will clear the additional paper soon? Please advise me.

29th August 2017, 10:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What happens if I fail in additional subjects but pass in the rest of 5 subjects?

Yes, your overall status of examination will be fail. You need to pass in all subjects including additional subject to be declared as pass. There is compartment examination conducted once results are declared.

You can apply for compartment exam of additional subject. To be declared as pass, you need to secure minimum of passing percentage of marks.
29th August 2017, 11:32 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: What happens if I fail in additional subjects but pass in the rest of 5 subjects?

If you failed to score minimum passing marks in additional subject, then it only spoils the beauty of your marksheet. There is no other impact on marksheet and you are considered as passed in that standard. With this marksheet, you are eligible to apply for further education in any affiliated school or institute as the case may be.
29th August 2017, 05:46 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is considered as backlog because in graduation whether it is a additional subject or a main subject, if a candidate fails in then it is considered as backlog.

In some universities they consider as backlog but while calculating the percentage they'll not consider the additional subjects. This happens in few universities and some consider the additional subjects and calculate the points and percentage secured in additional subjects.

In 12th class CBSE if the candidate fails in the additional subjects then they'll be considered as pass and they'll be sent to the next class. While calculating the percentage they'll not consider the additional subject.
29th August 2017, 09:20 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be considered fail even if you don't pass the additional subject of your graduation.

The additional subject would be treated as an active backlog in the graduation.

So, you must clear that backlog as soon as possible to get admission for higher studies or job.

For clearing that backlog, you will have to fill the form of that subject for appearing in re-exam.

In this case, you will have to pay some additional fee to the University.
30th August 2017, 01:57 AM
starberry

Yes, it will be considered as backlog in final year. If you fail in additional papers, you can give re-examination which is conducted after two or three months after the final exams. You must work hard and learn all the important topics to atleast score passing marks.
9th May 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I have failed both in maths and biology. But as biology is written as additional so I am getting the oppurtunity to appear for compartment exam. My question is can I clear biology exam instead of maths
18th February 2020, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I have taken four subjects in toc of two subjects. I have three main subject and one additional if I fail in one subject then will my additional subject help me for pass in the exam
20th February 2020, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the passing mark of Information technology?
21st February 2020, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

If i got fail in computer exam in class 10th then will it be considered as backlog
26th February 2020, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

What happened when someone failed in social science and also in additional subject computer in class 10 cbse
18th May 2020, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

If anybody fail in one main subject but pass in rest subject and have one additional subject
27th May 2020, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in additional subject in computer science c it's affected my result
15th July 2020, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

What happens if I fail in both subject math and bio out of the 6 subjects?
15th July 2020, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

What happens if I fail in additional subject math but pass in the rest of all 5 subjects in class 10
3rd October 2020, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

i fail in biology subject but pass in rest 5 subject can i eligible for mbbs .....?
3rd October 2020, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i fail one subject [biology] can i eligible to bsc by bio subject?
13th March 2021, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

If any student passed 1st division in 12th standard but failed in extra subject . then they will considered as pass students and promoted for next class?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?