30th July 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

What is IES exam syllabus? I am a student of diploma Civil engineering

i am student of diploma in civil engg final year i want to ies exam syllabuse

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus of Civil Engineering for IES Exam?
  2. Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student
  3. Am I eligible for upcoming IES exam after B.E Civil Engineering?
  4. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  5. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  6. What is IES? Details about this exam and syllabus of it?
  7. What syllabus to prepare for IES Exam for Civil Engineering? Which books should I prepare for this?
  8. Previous year solved Question Papers for IES Exam for Civil Engineering?
  9. What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student
  10. How to become an IFS officer? I am studying in civil engineering diploma course
  11. Previous year Question Papers of IES Exam for Civil Engineering?
  12. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  13. Best books for IES entrance exam for Civil Engineering?
  14. Requirements to apply for PSU recruitment exams for Civil Engineering Diploma student who belongs to Nepal? -- [New]
  15. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to do IES coaching after passing B.E civil Engineering? Best IES coaching institutes in India
  17. Which are the best books for IES preparation? What is the syllabus for ECE?
  18. How many times can we write IES exam? What is the syllabus of Civil Engineering? What are the jobs offered?
9th August 2012, 06:22 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is IES exam syllabus? I am a student of diploma Civil engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of diploma in civil engg final year i want to ies exam syllabuse
First of all, its important to note that in order write Engineering Service Examination, candidate must possess bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering. As you are pursuing Diploma Program, it must have equivalent recognition to a bachelors degree awarded by a recognized university. Apart from that, you mus be within 21-30 years of age to be considered eligible for the Engineering Service Examination.

Since you are planning to write the examination in Civil Engineering, the [pattern of the examination would be as follows:
  • General Ability Test
Part A: General English
Part B: General Studies
  • Objective Type
Civil Engineering Paper I
Civil Engineering Paper II
  • Conventional Papers

Syllabus of Civil Engineering:

Building Materials
Solid Mechanics
Structural Analysis
Design Of Steel Structures
Design Of Concrete And Masonry Structures
Construction Practice, Planning And Management
Fluid Mechanics , Open Channel Flow, Pipe Flow
Hydraulic Machines And Hydropower
Hydrology
Water Resources Engineering
Environmental Engineering
Soil Mechanics
Foundation Engineering
Surveying
Transportation Engineering

For further information about Engineering Service Examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
9th August 2012, 01:27 PM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

Question Re: What is IES exam syllabus? I am a student of diploma Civil engineering

First of all, its important to note that in order write Engineering Service Examination, candidate must possess bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering. As you are pursuing Diploma Program, it must have equivalent recognition to a bachelors degree awarded by a recognized university. Apart from that, you mus be within 21-30 years of age to be considered eligible for the Engineering Service Examination.

Since you are planning to write the examination in Civil Engineering, the [pattern of the examination would be as follows:
General Ability Test
Part A: General English
Part B: General Studies
Objective Type
Conventional Papers

Syllabus of Civil Engineering:

Building Materials
Solid Mechanics
Structural Analysis
Design Of Steel Structures
Design Of Concrete And Masonry Structures
Construction Practice, Planning And Management
Fluid Mechanics , Open Channel Flow, Pipe Flow
Hydraulic Machines And Hydropower
Hydrology
Water Resources Engineering
Environmental Engineering
Soil Mechanics
Foundation Engineering
Surveying
Transportation Engineering

For further information about Engineering Service Examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?