24th June 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the importance of home state rank in AIEEE?

Aieee gives HS rank , what is the importance of home state rank.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a government college in any state after scoring 59200 rank in AIEEE?
  2. Can I get admission in MNIT Allahabad through home state quota if I secured state rank under 5000 in AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get admission in NIT Srinagar Under Home State Quota after scoring 145618 in AIEEE and 98008 in open category?
  4. Can I get admission in MNIT Allahabad through home state quota if I secured good state rank of under 5000 in AIEEE?
  5. Best branch for me after scoring an AIEEE OP rank of 35800 and Karnataka state rank of 742? How will my state rank help me? Any chance for NIT Surathkal?
  6. Am I eligible for home state quota of Trichy after scoring 192 marks in AIEEE B.Arch? Will I get a seat in NIT Trichy?
  7. Can I get a seat in NIT, Rourkela after scoring overall rank of 664
  8. Admission in NIT Jamshedpur after scoring AIEEE rank of 35618 and home state rank of 1443 in Jharkhand?
  9. Can I get NIT Allahabad after scoring 37550 AIR in AIEEE and home state rank of 5067?
  10. Can I get any branch in MANIT after scoring 53412 in AIEEE and OBC category rank of 12144?
  11. What branch can I get in NIT Jamshedpur through AIEEE in Home State Quota? I have got nearly 20,000 rank
  12. Can I get any branch in MANIT after scoring 53412 in AIEEE and 12144 in OBC?
  13. What would be the home state for the candidate who has completed 12th and appeared in JEE Main both from different states? For which state candidate can avail state quota seat? -- [New]
  14. Can I get admission in MBM, Jodhpur through AIEEE rank? I have secured 46000 rank in AIEEE and having 6440 state rank
  15. How can I get admission in YMCA? My rank is 11871 in AIEEE exam
  16. Which college could I get after scoring 52000 rank in AIEEE with state rank of 8000? Will I be called for counseling? Which branch is appropriate for me?
  17. Which NIT and branch can I expect after scoring AIR of 10525 AIR and 27 state rank in AIEEE?
  18. Where can I get B.Tech computer sciences after scoring AIR of 11,000? Which are the best possible institutes?
28th July 2012, 03:42 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the importance of home state rank in AIEEE?

The importance of rank is that if you apply from any state in any college/university the first preference would be given to the candidates having the highest All India Ranking in AIEEE. Second preference is given to the candidates who have the best State Ranking. Suppose you are a bonafide resident of West Bengal and you have given your AIEEE entrance exam from West Bengal. Now when you go to seek admission in any college/university in West Bengal, the candidates with better State ranking would get the preference over candidates who have cleared WBJEE. Hence, if your state ranking is better in AIEEE, you stand a good chance to get admission in a deemed university.
28th July 2012, 06:11 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aieee gives HS rank , what is the importance of home state rank.
Hi
The AIEEE exam gives four ranks as follows:

All India Rank
  • Overall
  • Category

State Rank
  • Overall
  • Category

The All India Overall rank simply is the rank obtained by a candidate amongst all others who have appeared for the exam.
The All India category rank is the rank obtained by the candidate in his category(General, OBC, SC/ST). Suppose a candidate is from general category, then this rank will indicate his rank amongst all general category candidates.
The state overall rank is the one which a candidate has obtained amongst all other candidates who belong to the same state.
The state category rank is similar to the All India category rank except that this rank is amongst the state people only.

There are several colleges in India which have few seats reserved(in some form of a percentage) for the students from the state in which the college is located.
For this purpose, the AIEEE authorities gives these 4 ranks. The importance of home state rank thus is to have an advantage for colleges in the state where you belong.
28th July 2012, 09:54 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->the importance of rank is that if you apply from any state in any college or university the first preference would be given to the candidates having the highest all india ranking in AIEEE.

-->Second preference is given to the candidates who have the best state ranking.let you are a resident of west bengal and you have given your AIEEE entrance exam from west bengal.

-->when you seek admission in any college/university in west bengal,the candidates with better state ranking would get teh preference over candidates who ahve cleared WBJEE.

-->Hence,if your state rank is better in AIEEE,you stand a good chance to get admission in best reputated university.

all the best...go ahead!!!
30th March 2013, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

how much rank should i get in wbjee 2013 so as to get admission in the btech programme of jadavpur university .iam a non residential of bengal.
17th May 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i got 200 marks in jee main 2013 and 98.5% in 12th class please can you tell us what is All india rank and Home state rank , I am Andhra pradesh
13th June 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

My question about State ranking in OBC. Example my son having OBC certificate prepared from Rajasthan but owing to my posting in haryana, he passed 12th class of CBSE from Haryana State. My cast (Yadav) comes under OBC in both Haryana and Rajasthan States. There is no doubt that he will come in Home State quota in general as he did his 12th from Haryana. Would he be eligible for OBC category in Home State of haryana too or only for Rajasthan state only for admission in NITs (Kurukshetra - Haryana) and MNIT, Jaipur.
3rd July 2013, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

My AIR is 132459 and category rank is 35465 and state rank is 7896 and state category rank is 4124 in jee mains 2013 i am frm patna which college can i get?
3rd July 2013, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

With a rank of 21494(OBC) HS category, can i get admission in NIT Patna? i have the domicile of Bihar.
7th July 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I 've 190000 in AIR GEN cat (90000) state up (18000)cat rank(11000)...can I get any IIITs??????
25th May 2014, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i am a girl .and i scored 85%in boards (new delhi)and i give jee mains exam and i score 103 marks .can i get admission in delhi throuh state rank in any of nit delhi ,dtu, iiit delhi.plz reply urgently at [email protected].
13th July 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

my state rank is 121525 and state category rank is 635 which college can I get and I am from u.p
16th July 2014, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

My AIR BE/BTech Overall Rank 349582 Category Rank 115719 and for B.Arch Overall Rank 42447 Category Rank 11488
My State BE/BTech Overall Rank 11672 Category Rank 5564 and for B.Arch Overall Rank 1651 Category Rank 812 and applied B.Arch/BE/B.Tech in NIT Trichy in home state quota and NIT Pondicherry in Other state quota. And Applied B.Arch/BE in NIT Calicut in other state quota and applied IIIT Kancheepuram for 5Years course in All India Quota. In first Round of JEE 2014 no seat allotment for me. I am from Tamil nadu. reply at [email protected]
19th April 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

what is my state elligibility although a native from odisha passed my 12th fromRajasthn and qualifying in AIEEE.ROHAN.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?