30th September 2011, 09:12 PM
mahor1989

Any chance for me to appear for IIMs

What percentile is needed for candidate to get call from IIMs?

7th November 2011, 06:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Any chance for me to appear for IIMs after scoring 52% in B.Tech with no experience? Percentile needed for SC candidate to get a call from IIMs?

You are eligible for a XLRI admission test and subsequent call shall be based on your XAT score
26th November 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Any chance for me to appear for IIMs after scoring 52% in B.Tech with no experience? Percentile needed for SC candidate to get a call from IIMs?

how much marks requires in 12th hsc board and cet to get admission in IIM college for SC student...?
20th December 2011, 03:35 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Any chance for me to appear for IIMs after scoring 52% in B.Tech with no experience? Percentile needed for SC candidate to get a call from IIMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahor1989 View Post
i am a btech with 52% from nsit passout this year with zero experience and my 10th and 12th score is 77 and 67. But i am a SC candidate . Is there any chance of me being appearing in IIMs. What percentile is needed for SC candidate to get call from IIMs? plz give honest answers.
Any chance for me to appear for IIMs after scoring 52% in B.Tech with no experience? Percentile needed for SC candidate to get a call from IIMs?

Hi mahor,

I am sorry to say that , but you might not get any seat in IIMs,even though you are SC candidate.,due to the cut-throat competition.your graduation and 12th percentage may create problem.

I explain you, how it works:-

-Basically, IIMs decide certain cutoff for their institute based on CAT score, this varies institute to institute.

-Now due to cut -throat competition , after shortlisting students based on CAT, they need to more filter the students, due to lack of seat.

-So, now they have given weightage to each 10th ,12th ,graduation , work experiment and for some extra ordinary achievement.

-So, by combining all these weightage , they further short list the students. and they issues call letter for Group discussion or written exam.

>>so,here your low percentage will create trouble for you and you may not get seat.All other institutes follows the same.

even there are lot of SC/ST candidate performing well,so,you may not get seat.but, you can try in other institutes ,there are lot more good institutes in INDIA.

Hope , your query has been solved.

for any other query,please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
17th January 2012, 02:31 AM
mahor1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayparikh View Post
Any chance for me to appear for IIMs after scoring 52% in B.Tech with no experience? Percentile needed for SC candidate to get a call from IIMs?

Hi mahor,

I am sorry to say that , but you might not get any seat in IIMs,even though you are SC candidate.,due to the cut-throat competition.your graduation and 12th percentage may create problem.

I explain you, how it works:-

-Basically, IIMs decide certain cutoff for their institute based on CAT score, this varies institute to institute.

-Now due to cut -throat competition , after shortlisting students based on CAT, they need to more filter the students, due to lack of seat.

-So, now they have given weightage to each 10th ,12th ,graduation , work experiment and for some extra ordinary achievement.

-So, by combining all these weightage , they further short list the students. and they issues call letter for Group discussion or written exam.

>>so,here your low percentage will create trouble for you and you may not get seat.All other institutes follows the same.

even there are lot of SC/ST candidate performing well,so,you may not get seat.but, you can try in other institutes ,there are lot more good institutes in INDIA.

Hope , your query has been solved.

for any other query,please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
What if i get more than 90 percentile in cat? and there are sc students with 82percentile in cat receiving calls from iimk?
9th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 55% in 12th , 59% in graduation , 70% in cat . and i am a SC candidate . so is there any chance for me to appear for IIMs
7th March 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I'm a B.Tech graduate from a very low-profile college with an aggregate of 59.44% (i;e almost 60%). I'm having my tenth & Intermediate scores as 83% & 77% respectively. I am determined & passionate to pursue out my MBA in IIM's. Now I'm persistently trying to gain some job experience. Could an experience of 2-3 years in a central Govt bank as an Officer be beneficial to me ?????? If not, what kind of experience suits best for IIM's ? On a whole, Is there any scope for my profile to be accepted by IIM's (By IIM-A,B,C) ? Pleeeeeease give me a detailed answer......
24th August 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I have done my graduation in B.com with 49.50%. My H.S.C & S.S.C. percentage is 60%.I have 2 Years of Experince and done 1 year diploma in Aviation & Hospitality Management. So, I have any chance top get in IIM
26th September 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

does iim's never call a sc candidate with 70% in cat? and is under graduate % very considered?
31st December 2014, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Any chance for me to appear for IIMs

my score is 92.7 percentile in cat 10th 96.4 12th 92.6 btech 93 percent any chance in iim
19th April 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

87% in x 71% in x11 76% in bachelors no work experience and in the name of extra curricular activities only participated in college level programme..any chances of getting into an iim with good cat %ile???
19th April 2015, 10:27 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To get call from any IIM across India ,one need to qualify the cat examination and then after a three step admission process in there which includes AWT(Academic Writing Test),PI(Personal Interview)and then final selection .
After qualifying each of the above steps introduced candidates can take admission to IIMs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?