19th December 2019, 01:34 PM
Santosh kar

What is the Master's degree cut-off to be eligible to write the UGC NET examination?

Hi, I have completed my Post Graduation with M.Com and scores 53% in my finals. Is this enough to be eligible and apply for the UGC NET entrance examination? What is the standard cut-off for Graduation and Master's degree?

20th December 2019, 09:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the Master's degree cut-off to be eligible to write the UGC NET examination?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course i.e; M. Com. degree course with 53% marks, you are eligible to apply for NET only if you belong to reserved category otherwise not.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
22nd December 2019, 09:09 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the Master's degree cut-off to be eligible to write the UGC NET examination?

The minimum education required for appearing in UGC NET held by NTA is a Master's degree in concerned subject with 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Further, there is provision of marks relaxation upto 5% in case of candidates from a reserved category.

So, having completed your M.Com. degree course with 53% marks, you are eligible to appear in UGC NET only if you belong to reserved category.

For complete details regarding UGC NET, you can log on to its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?