13th August 2018, 08:03 PM
suman panjani

What is the maximum age limit for B.Ed from IGNOU and what is the admission procedure?

I have completed B.Com with 48% and my age is 43 years now. I am teaching in private school from three years and now I'm planning to do B.Ed from correspondence. Am I eligible for B.Ed from IGNOU? If yes, how to apply for it?

14th August 2018, 02:41 PM
Expert_answer

Default Re: What is the maximum age limit for B.Ed from IGNOU and what is the admission procedure?

Yes, you can apply as there is no maximum age limit for it. Look through the attachment for the further details or visit it's official website www.ignou.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BED_Pros_eng.pdf(3.03 MB, 9 views)
14th August 2018, 10:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the maximum age limit for B.Ed from IGNOU and what is the admission procedure?

Having completed your B.Com degree course with 48% marks, you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course from IGNOU unless you belong to reserved category as the same the minimum percentage required in bachelor's degree for pursuing B.Ed degree from IGNOU is 50% in case of general category candidate and 45% marks in case of reserved category candidates.

Also, for your information I would like to let you know that there does not exists any age bar for admission to B.Ed degree in IGNOU.

For more details regarding different courses offered by IGNOU with its eligibility criteria and admission procedure, you can visit the link www.ignou.ac.in.
15th August 2018, 09:15 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum percentage of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required.

There is no upper age limit for B.Ed admission. There is online application procedure. Candidates can apply for exam at official website of IGNOU.
15th August 2018, 04:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education Course. The necessary qualification required for B.Ed course:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

>>The minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree to apply for B.Ed course is 50% in bachelor's degree. There is no maximum age limit.

You can not apply for B.Ed course because of you have less than required percentage of marks.
15th August 2018, 05:47 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The admission procedure in Indira Gandhi National Open University for Bachelor of Education course is online.

B.Ed candidates should apply for course at official website of IGNOU.

There is no maximum age limit for B.Ed course.

However, you are not eligible for B.Ed course with 48% marks because upper age limit is 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?