27th November 2011, 09:04 AM

What is media management? What are the tools and techniques of media management?

what is media management?
why it is need for a organization?
scope of media management?
how it is work in ?
what are the tools & techniques of media management?
objectives of media management?
types of media management?

18th July 2012, 02:50 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is media management? What are the tools and techniques of media management?

What is Media management-

Media management is meant to provide students with a prospect to learn about fundamental aspects of business which they may not be familiar with, which also include accounting, management and strategy as well. Certainly, students will also come to know about different aspects that will prove helpful in developing skills needed to get regular media management task.

Need for media management-

It is very important for any business such as marketing or advertising strategy to enhance and update knowledge about new products or services which in turn will lead to overall success of any business enterprise.

Scope-

The program aims at developing skillful business managers who are capable of working with online technologies but also with conventional media so as to promote products and services in the highly competitive market of today.

After completing a course in Media management there are numerous job options available. With the balanced growth of multinational companies, they have recognized the need for systematic and efficient management performance. This has lead for limitless job opportunities for the management graduates with good remuneration, scope, status for professionals and personal growth.

One can seek employment in sectors such as radio, print journalism, publishing, public relations, research, advertising and television. There are numerous industries as well as professional designations. Few of these job profiles are digital production/management, online content manager and various others in technical department. Media management is certainly a valuable asset for those who are willing to work at a supervisory level.

The eligibility criteria to get admission in this course is as under-

1. The candidate must have completed his/her higher secondary education or 10+2 from a recognized institute.

2. The duration of the program is of 3 years.

Few Key Skills for Media People-

Brilliant power of expression
Good leadership abilities
Good organizing abilities
Must have the ability to take initiatives and work hard
Perfectionism and objectivity in day-to-day activities
Innovative and ability to be an entrepreneur
31st October 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is media management? What are the tools and techniques of media management?

I Have done masters in Mass Communication and journalism now in front of me there are two options. Either i have to go for P.hd or i have to do media management. one more thing at this stage i am not interested in teaching but in future i will definitely go for it. Provide me with the information what is good for me at this stage?
17th July 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am in my Third Year Bachelors of Commerce and have completed 2 levels out of three levels in the Chartered Accountancy Course.
I am currently doing internship with an MNC.
In future ie 2 years down the line, i wish to be a part of the Media Industry.
Please help find a connecting link between the two parallel career options !
18th July 2015, 12:05 PM
Education15

Dear, media management is seen as a business adminisitration discipline that identifies and describes strategic and operational phenomena and problems in leadership of media enterprises. It contains the functions strategic management, procurement management, production management, organisational management and marketing of media enterprises. Now a days many colleges are providing course of MBA in media management which has wide scope as this age is age of technology and it effects everything.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?