26th February 2017, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age for admission in class 1 as per ICSE syllabus?

Respected Sir, My daughter is 4 years old and I want to admit her in LKG so I want to know what is the minimum age for admission in class 1 as per ICSE syllabus? Please answer as soon as possible.

PRASANNA

2nd March 2017, 10:33 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum age for admission in class 1 as per ICSE syllabus?

ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination and it is one of the three Central Board of education which offers education upto +2 level with its affiliated school all around India.

As you are concerned about the age criteria for admission ICSE schools then I would like to let you know that ICSE has no age criteria for admission in Class rather it follows the age criteria as decided by the state board of education in which schools lies or that fixed by the school management.

So for the exact details regarding the same you can visit the school in which you are looking to get your daughter admitted. Further I would also like to tell you that being 4 years old your daughter is most probably eligible for admissions as she is eligible for admission in schools affiliated to various state board of education and CBSE.
2nd March 2017, 07:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age for admission in class 1 as per ICSE syllabus?

The ICSE Board has not set any specific age criteria for offering admission in 1st standard. But, the minimum age required for the candidate as per most of the education board rules is 5 years 6 months. Since, your daughter is 4 years old, you need to wait atleast one more year to take admission for your daughter in 1st standard in ICSE Board School.
4th March 2017, 12:33 PM
atal1978

Minimum Age for admission in Class - 1 at INDIAN CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (ICSE) are following -

Minimum age limit is 5 to 6 years. It means child borne before 31st December, 2012.

The ICSE Board has not fix age for admission in 1 class but above mentioned age are minimum.

You can also try for admission in CBSE Board schools also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?