5th September 2010, 10:34 PM
PRATEEK MEHTA

What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for eligibility? I failed in iitjee . Can i apply for iit-jee again ?I am 12th passed from cbse (new-delhi) with 77 percent in pcm.

5th September 2010, 11:36 PM
noproblem

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Eligibility for IIT-JEE

The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.
5th September 2010, 11:48 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

the minimum presentage required in class 12th for iitjee is 60%.. but there are only two chance for giving the examination. 1st in 12th appearing time and 2nd is after 12th. thanking you, best of luck
5th September 2010, 11:58 PM
ashimnalco

Hi prateek,

First of all there is no percentage limit for iit-jee. Dont worry u have scored a respectable mark in 12th. But according to the rule ammended in 2008 u can appear iit-jee not more than 2 consecutive years. So u have another chance to prove yourself. Work hard and all the best.
6th September 2010, 02:17 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
No problem for you, there are some criteria ,in which I think you will not face any problem.

At first I will say you that study your own 11th and 12th subjects properly,achieve some basic concept,basic knowledge.

According to the criteria as below:

1.you should pass the 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Math as well as English

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5% relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

3.Age limit must be between 25 year.

4.You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. ,so as you have already given the exam you can sit once ,so you can sit in the IIT-JEE exam in the next year.

For any further details visit the home site:
www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
www.jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.htm

Good luck.
6th September 2010, 03:19 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

dear friend,

the minimum percentage required in XII exam for appear in IIT JEE exam is 60% aggregate in 12th board.you have to be pass with physics,chemistry, mathematics.

the other eligibility criterias are given below which is mandatory for this exam.....

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 12th board in 2011 are also eligible to apply.

good luck.
6th September 2010, 07:06 AM
chaitu667

Hai bro!

Sorry to hear that you cant make it to IIT-JEE this year.
You have one more chance to make it to IIT-JEE. The minimum percentage that you have to get is to pass your +12 exams and then you are eligible for IIT colleges. Even you get a rank in the first attempt you need to get pass marks that is 60% for CBSE students.
IIT-JEE is not a bad idea to give it once because it worths one year long term to get a seat in IIT.

All the best!
6th September 2010, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Hi I'm Deepak passed 12th in 2009 and I didn't appear any chance so .can I appear next chance?.
6th September 2010, 01:00 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

the minimum eligibility to appear in the IIT JEE exam is that your marks in +2 must

be greater than equal to 60% in aggregate.

i want to tell you that you can appear in JEE three times.If you pass your +2 exam in

2011 then you can appear in 2011,2012 and 2013 i.e. in consecutive year.

Friend,as you have not given the year of passing ,therefore i can not say that weather

you can appear in JEE for next time or not .

Thank you.
6th September 2010, 01:19 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

the minimum eligibility to appear in the IIT JEE exam is that your marks in +2 must

be greater than equal to 60% in aggregate.

i want to tell you that you can appear in JEE three times.If you pass your +2 exam in

2011 then you can appear in 2011,2012 and 2013 i.e. in consecutive year.

Friend,as you have not given the year of passing ,therefore i can not say that weather

you can appear in JEE for next time or not .

Thank you.
6th September 2010, 01:19 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the minimum percentage required for the iitjee is 60% which you have scored .so there is no need to worry,
this will be your last attempt
try to crack this time,you have to work really hard
all the best
6th September 2010, 02:39 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
The eligibility for IIT-JEE is passed +2 with marks 60% & no. of attempt is only two, one at the time of appearing & second is next year to appearing +2.

As you didn't qualify in IIT-JEE in your first attempt then you can try next year as your second & last chance.

kindly take preparation very well & clear the basic concepts of all papers Physics,Chemistry & Maths.
Because individual paper have individual cut-off marks in IIT-JEE & you have to cross the cut-off of all three papers in IIT-JEE.

good luck.
6th September 2010, 03:36 PM
meeria

Dear friend

Eligibility for IIT-JEE

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

2. required 60% in class 10+2 exam.

have a good day
6th September 2010, 04:57 PM
mohit brh

there are only 2 attempt for student 1- appearing 12th 2- after 12th with 60% marks.
if you have less than 60% mark in 12th than you are not eligible.
6th September 2010, 05:06 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Since you have a good score in your 12th...you need not worry about your 1st attempt....but remeber you now just have one chance to clear the exam...you need to work hard and need to prove yourself that you can crack IIT JEE...with strong determintion...IIT JEE can be cracked...

God luck !!
6th September 2010, 05:30 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Since the minimum academic qualification for admission through JEE is a pass grade in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent you are academically qualified for appearing in IIT JEE.

But candidates are allowed to appear only twice in IIT JEE & that should also be in consecutive years.

So if this was your first attempt then you have another chance of cracking the IIT JEE.
6th September 2010, 06:04 PM
swati123

There is no minimum or maximum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE
eligibility (it is just passing the 10+2).

As for the number of chances, you get two chances to clear the IIT JEE...first
time in the year that you appear for the XII board and the very next year.

Although you have not made your intentions clear...whether you are
contemplating dropping this year for IIT JEE preparation or not, I would like
to make a suggestion...do so if you are really keen and would work really hard
otherwise it would not be a prudent decision. IIT is definitely BIG but then there are other good things to do as well.
6th September 2010, 06:37 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.

the minimum % for iit Jee is 60% so u hav achived it.

there iz a maximu of 2 chances for IIT JEe.
you hav one left try harrder....

GOOD LUCK.
6th September 2010, 07:43 PM
Raj333

dear friend
minimum percentage required in10thand 12th exam for IIT JEE is aggregate 60% in PCM group.The candidate can appear in the iit jee two times only, that also should be in consecutive years i.e 1st at the time of appearing and 2nd at next year..................

best of luck................................
6th September 2010, 11:18 PM
nikhilesh005

Thumbs up Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

the condition is candidate should cleared his or her X11 with atleast 60% and should medically fit for tecnicals
7th September 2010, 12:38 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend

The minimum percentage is 60%for general and 55% for sc/st is required for JEE test. Only twice consecutive attempts are there for IIT JEE. Means you can also give JEE next year. You are eligible for the next JEE according to your education point of view.
10th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required in 12th exam for iit-jee eligibility?
10th September 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

what is minimum percentage required in inter first year for iit jee
14th September 2010, 12:05 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is minimum percentage required in inter first year for iit jee
Dear friend
The educational qualification required to appear the IIT-JEE examination is passed in 12th or equivalent with at least 60% marks with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as elective subjects.
Now it depends on your Board of examination that it gives Intermediate degree on 2nd year marks or by adding marks of 1st year and 2nd year of Intermediate.
Whatever rules are there in your board you should have more than 60% in your final result. That is the necessary and sufficient condition to appear into IIT-JEE.
Thank You
20th September 2010, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

sir what is minimum % of iit i have passed 12th from up board with 52% marks
6th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir , i got 65% marks in 12th . detail of marks is maths 53, physics 58 chemisty 62 ,can i apear iit jee
31st October 2010, 06:29 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATEEK MEHTA View Post
What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for eligibility? I failed in iitjee . Can i apply for iit-jee again ?I am 12th passed from cbse (new-delhi) with 77 percent in pcm.
the percentage to apply for iit jee exam is atleast 60% in 12th with any recognized board.
7th November 2010, 12:50 PM
sarvesh siingh

i have 60% aggregate but 55%in pcm in 12 board exams. am i eligible?
17th November 2010, 10:11 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you should have a minimum of 60% marks for general candidate in 10 and 10+2 level to appear in IIT JEE. for SC/ST/PH there is 5% marks relaxation. as you have 77% marks so surely you may appear in IIT JEE.

the eligibility criterion to appear in IIT JEE is you must passed 10+2 level from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics in 10+2. your age must be less than 15 years.

a candidate only appear in IIT JEE two times in consecutive year. so you may appear next year.

best wishes.
18th November 2010, 01:04 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Quote:
there were rules to be implimented that a candidate should get minimum of 80% marks in 12th class but its all gone in vain.
you need not to worry you can give IIT jee exam only twice. one by one
18th November 2010, 07:45 AM
mangesh16

Smile Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Quote:
55% for caste

60% for open
these is the eligibility for the xii th exam but dont concentrate on eiligibility that this much percentage is enough because iit syllabus covered board portion or topic very clearly
18th November 2010, 08:33 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noproblem View Post
Eligibility for IIT-JEE

The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.

Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2011:

1. Date of birth
For GE and OBC categories, only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1986 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011. SC, ST, and PD candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1981 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

2. Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, on or after October 1, 2009 or will be appearing in 2011.
Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE-2011.
The qualifying examinations (QEs) are listed below:

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
3. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
6. Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
7. H.S.C. vocational examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

3. Minimum percentage of marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in their QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011
19th November 2010, 05:27 AM
avinash0094

the minimum percentage required in 12th class for appear in iitjee is 60%. but you can appear in iitjee is only two times. one in 12th appearing and other in after 12th. thanking you.. best of luck.
21st November 2010, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

are 60% marks required in pcm or aggeregate in xii class?
1st December 2010, 11:42 PM
revanth

for jee a minimum of 60% marks for general category and OBC are required.
for sc/st it is 55% of marks aggregate.

it can be attempted in only two consecutive years i.e, the year you complete 10+2 and the next year or two consecutive years after completing 10+2.
2nd December 2010, 10:55 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

It is exactly 60% in aggregate from recognised board in 10+2 at the latest.
9th December 2010, 07:42 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes surely you can go through the IIT exam once again.The minimum percentage required for eligibility is just 60%.As you say that you secured 77% aggregate so definitely you can go through this exam.

The IIT exam can be given two times consecutively so you can go through this exam once again.

all the best
10th December 2010, 04:32 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you're absolutely elgible for taking second attempt

and the minimum percentage is 65% in groups

there will be a second chance for the respective year failures in iit jee

don't loose your heart

prepare well this time

you're going to surely win the competition

keep faith in your self

all the best

~aditya~~
15th December 2010, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

78WEU
16th December 2010, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

There are any chang to made atempt all papers means important to atempt minimum 30%. quations in pepar
20th January 2011, 07:33 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are 60% marks required in pcm or aggeregate in xii class?
60% is required in Aggregate and not in PCM in order to qualify for the exam
Best wishes......
21st January 2011, 03:15 PM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
The minimum of 60% is required overall and 60% in PCM, then only you will be eligible for IIT JEE.
Good Luck....
22nd January 2011, 04:13 PM
Gurpreet Singh Wadhwa

you need to have good percentile in 10+2 (minimum 60% in pcm).
Two consecutive chances are given for IIT-JEE Entrance exam.
to get admission in good iit college your minimum marks should be above cutoff marks that vary every year.But one can say if you have got minimum 230 marks you may get admission in iit but always thnk bigger .If you think bigger than you can approach to it .
20th February 2011, 02:48 AM
Amed2010

Its 60% in PCM.
24th February 2011, 08:05 PM
danish_khurana

Lightbulb Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

a candidate must require at least 60% in XII exam.

must qualify from a good board.

must score very good marks in PCM.

ALL THE BEST...............
3rd March 2011, 08:07 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

your qualifying exam for IIT-JEE will be
  • If you are 12th class passout or appearing
  • else if you are diploma passout or appearing...

Either of these qualification will be consider...

One must score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including

Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam for GENERAL AND OBC..and 55% for SC/ST,PD...
20th March 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in 2010 from up board but i scored only 53% marks and i scored 48% in science and in maths 37% only and i hope that i can score more than 60% in my intermediate examintaion which is in next year so please tell me that can i apply for iit jee next year? Please reply me.
26th March 2011, 01:08 PM
kkanika_14

Cool Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks and candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.

All The Best..................
27th March 2011, 01:00 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
Eligibility for IIT-JEE

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply

Thank
27th March 2011, 01:02 AM
rocking_indian

Quote:
hell friend
60% in pcm is the minimum percentage requirement to appear in iit jee
yes you can apply for iit jee next year
since iit jee gives two consecutive chance to appear in exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?