8th November 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What is more difficult to study, ICSE or CBSE?

Which is more difficult to study ?icse or cbse...please tell me thee one which is considered to be diffcult

12th November 2011, 12:34 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is more difficult to study, ICSE or CBSE?

Probably ICSE is more difficult in terms of science and chemistry
in terms of mathematics both are at same level
3rd December 2011, 08:39 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is more difficult to study ?icse or cbse...please tell me thee one which is considered to be diffcult
it depends on how you perceive it. But ICSE is, according to my opinion, is more difficult. They have more subjects and the syllabus is very vast. Everything is taught in detail. The standard of English, Science, History, Geography, Computer, are comparatively much more difficult than that of CBSE. In maths, they have extra chapters like Matrix... But all these factors help a lot in future.
18th June 2012, 06:36 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is more difficult to study, ICSE or CBSE?

Hi

CBSE stands for the Central Board of Secondary Education which is one of the top most board of studies in India.
This has all the subjects in all the schools which are recognized by the government of India.

If you want to know more about this board of Education, Please Click Here

Now ICSE is the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. This is one of the best boards, but not that widely spread in the country as compared to the CBSE. So there are many misconceptions that this board is tougher than CBSE.
To know more about this, Please Click Here

I would say that both the boards are good in their own way and so it is not that any one is difficult than the other.
However ICSE is considered difficult for the Senior Schools i.e from classes, 7, 8, 9, 10 and the CBSE is considered tougher in the Classes 11th and 12th.

Also many a times CBSE is preferred as all the entrance exams are in synchronization with the CBSE course.
So hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
18th June 2012, 07:04 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend...

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.
Its head office is situated in New Delhi and there are many schools affiliated to it in India.
Whereas ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education.
As compared to CBSE,the schools affiliated to ICSE are less in number.

In CBSE,10th Board Exams results are declared in CGPA mode while ICSE declares it board results in percentage mode only.

When we talk about difficulty level,ICSE is considered tougher in Class 5 to 10.
In ICSE,lots of subjects are taught to students in details and main focus is given to English subject.
Whereas in CBSE,5 or 6 subjects are taught to students.Moreover,the syllabus in Class 10th has been reduced significantly.

So,if you are willing to take admission in Class 1 to 10,you should go for ICSE board as it will make your base stronger.

When we talk about 11th and 12th standard,CBSE is considered better both in terms of syllabus and in terms of marks scoring.
Moreover,the syllabus of various competitive exams is also based on CBSE board syllabus.

So,if you want to take admission in 11th class,you should opt for CBSE board.
I hope that this information was useful for you.

Best of luck for your future.
Thanks.
18th June 2012, 07:39 PM
shalu1995

ICSE is more difficult to study because it include all over world s syllabus
therefor it is more difficult

thank you
18th June 2012, 08:01 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

None of the board is tough. It matters only when you plan to give entrance exams after giving your class 12 exam.

For example if you have plans of giving AIEEE, then i would suggest you to go for CBSE boards as the syllabus is same. You don't need to overburden yourself with too much work.

Taking icse board would mean studying for icse and at the same time for the entrance exam you are planning to give.

So choose properly dear. Good luck
18th June 2012, 08:03 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

None of the board is tough. It matters only when you plan to give entrance exams after giving your class 12 exam.

For example if you have plans of giving AIEEE, then i would suggest you to go for CBSE boards as the syllabus is same. You don't need to overburden yourself with too much work.

Taking icse board would mean studying for icse and at the same time for the entrance exam you are planning to give.

So choose properly dear. Good luck
18th June 2012, 08:48 PM
drogbaba

am writing this post to all engineering aspirants. I
want to make a very valid point so that you do not make the same mistakes as I did in+2...
The first mistake is that all of us blindly start preparing for iitjee.Please think twice bcoz with so large no of quality aspirants even above avg students
will be crurshed in the rat race...I passed out from MNNIT(Civil)(I also secured 94 percnt in cbse +2,and eml qualified in iitjee) a top tier college and struggling to earn
45K per month....Whereas my friends with 1/10 the intelligence I had and 1/10 hard work will become doctors and EVEN THE WORST DOCTOR EARNS 100000 PER MONTH.
So as a well wisher I advice you to take your descision
with time,and not following others,or not because you love pcm.I promise you it is the salary which matters...
HOWEVER PLEASE STUDY ENGINEERING IF YOU THINK YOU CAN
RANK IN 5000 IN IIT AND 6000 in AIEEE....
oTHERWISE STUDY MEDICAL BECAUSE WITH WITH EVEN LOW INTELLIGENCE YOU CAN EARN 10 TIMES AN nit ENGINEER.....
sTOP FOLLOWING OTHERS,UNDERSTAND YOUR LIMITATIONS,MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIALS..
Note:this is my experience only,and not to demoralise students..

Surely you can crack medical entrance if you thick you can get into an nit…Life is not abt following others…it is more abt money frankly speaking…Better to live life on your own terms without retirement,than to live a life of slavery in an MNC…
18th June 2012, 09:29 PM
jhlkgrwl

Both the boards are equally good but as per me CBSE is a bit easier as compared to ICSE.
I think the reason is that many chapters are being cut from the syllabus of CBSE which are important.
11th March 2013, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

according to me CBSC is more difficult because now CCE is added because of which they have to complete the whole syllabus, keep the copy up to date be prepared all the time because of the feedback test and the biggest difference they unit test which goes through out the year and if a student is absent and does not get a retest there percentage will get affected and if gets absent during the around 3 annual exams and is a weak student he might get failed and had to repeat the whole year whereas in ICSE does not have unit test get added to there percentage they only have to do good in the annual and half yearly
12th May 2013, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Why do cbse board have less subjects compared to icse
18th November 2013, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TO SHIFT MY CHILD WHO IS STUDYING IN CLASS 6TH IN IB BOARD TO MUMBAI IN CLASS 7 IN ICSE OR CBSE. I AM WORRIED, WILL HE FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO ADJUST TO THAT SYLLABUS?
31st March 2014, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

acc. to me ICSE is much hard as comapare to CBSE
and for me ICSE is one of the best board
4th November 2018, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Yes, I agree that icse board is much harder than cbse board 'cause I'm quite experienced. In icse, there is a huge syllabus for the students to complete. Also,the no. of subjects in icse exceeds that of in cbse and one gets to learn more and much more in icse. According to me, cbse is much easier than icse because of less syllabus and all, but the best of the two boards is icse as you get to read almost everything.
So friends, choose wisely on the basis of your limitations and potentials and all and never lose hope!
Thanks for reading this.
One of your well wishers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?