18th April 2012, 03:40 PM
ajaysimon

Smile Re: What is Newton Second Law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can u tell me about Nutan law 2..
plzz send me details on my mail id
NEWTONS SECOND LAW IS
the external force acting on a body is directly proportional to the rate of change of momentum of the body and this change takes place in the direction of applied force
18th April 2012, 03:59 PM
a444

Default Re: What is Newton Second Law?

Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that form the basis for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between the forces acting on a body and its motion due to those forces. They have been expressed in several different ways over nearly three centuries,[2] and can be summarized as follows:
First law: The velocity of a body remains constant unless the body is acted upon by an external force.[3][4][5]
Second law: The acceleration a of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the net force F and inversely proportional to the mass m, i.e., F = ma.
Third law: The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear.
18th April 2012, 04:54 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

Newton's second law of motion is F = ma, where F = force, m = mass and a = acceleration

it states that if there is change in the velocity vector then there must be some force acting on it and it is equal to mass times accleration
18th April 2012, 06:20 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Quote:
The Second Law is concerned with relating acceleration to mass and net force.
Newton's second law of motion explains how an object will change velocity if it is pushed or pulled upon.
Firstly, this law states that if you do place a force on an object, it will accelerate (change its velocity), and it will change its velocity in the direction of the force. So, a force aimed in a positive direction will create a positive change in velocity (a positive acceleration). And a force aimed in a negative direction will create a negative change in velocity (a negative acceleration).
Secondly, this acceleration is directly proportional to the force. For example, if you are pushing on an object, causing it to accelerate, and then you push, say, three times harder, the acceleration will be three times greater.
Thirdly, this acceleration is inversely proportional to the mass of the object. For example, if you are pushing equally on two objects, and one of the objects has five times more mass than the other, it will accelerate at one fifth the acceleration of the other.
A Closer Look At The Proportions
Acceleration is directly proportional to the applied net force.
28th May 2012, 04:55 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is Newton Second Law?

Hi

As you may know that Sir Issac Newton was the one of the greatest Scientists of the world.
He had given the world the 3 Laws of Motion and they are so important that they have been, are and will be taught and studied year after year.

NEWTON'S SECOND LAW :-

According to the Newton's Second Law the Force Applied to any Object is directly proportional to the product of the mass of that object and the Acceleration.

The Mathematics Formula is : F = m.a
where F = Force, m = mass of the object and a = the acceleration produced in that object due to that force.

For more information, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
28th May 2012, 05:08 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
hello
Newton's second law:-
it stats that "the acceleration a of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the net force F and inversely proportional to mass M,"
F(force)= ma(mass*acceleration)
28th May 2012, 06:18 PM
ambi_rajput

Quote:
Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that form the basis for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between the forces acting on a body and its motion due to those forces. They have been expressed in several different ways over nearly three centuries,[2] and can be summarized as follows:

First law: The velocity of a body remains constant unless the body is acted upon by an external force.[3][4][5]

Second law: The acceleration a of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the net force F and inversely proportional to the mass m, i.e., F = ma.

Third law: The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear.

================================================== =======

Newton's second law of motion pertains to the behavior of objects for which all existing forces are not balanced. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is dependent upon two variables - the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. The acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of the object. As the force acting upon an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is increased. As the mass of an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is decreased.

================================================== =======
28th May 2012, 07:17 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> NEWTON'S SECOND LAW OF MOTION :
When two bodies, a heavy one and a light one, are acted upon by the same force for the same time, the light body attains a higher velocity (or higher speed) than the heavy one. But the momentum gained by both the bodies is the same. The link between force and momentum is expressed in Newton's second law of motion.
According to Newton's second law of motion : The rate of change of momentum of a body is directly proportional to the applied force, and takes place in which the force acts. The rate of change of momentum of a body can be obtained by dividing the 'Change in Momentum' by 'Time Taken' for change. So, Newton's second law of motion can be expressed as : 'Force' is directly proportional to 'change in momentum' / 'time taken'
> Consider a body of mass m having an initial velocity u. The initial momentum of the body will be mu. Suppose a force F acts on this body for time t and causes the final velocity to become v. The final momentum of this body will be mv. Now, the change in momentum of this body is mv-mu and the time taken for this change is t. So, according to Newton's second law of motion :
F is proportional to (mv-mu)/t
or
F is proportional to m(v-u)/t
But (v-u)/t represents change in velocity with time is known as acceleration 'a'. So, by writing 'a' in place of (v-u)/t in the above relation, we get :
F is proportion to m * a
> Thus, the force acting on a body is directly proportional to the product of 'mass' of the body and 'acceleration' produced in the body by the action of the force, and it acts in the direction of acceleration. This is another definition of Newton's second law of motion.
The relation "F is proportional to m * a" can be turned into an equation by putting in a costant k.
Thus, F = k * m * a (where k is a constant)
The value of constant k in SI units is 1, so the above equation becomes :
F = m * a
or Force = mass x acceleration
> Thus, Newton's second law of motion gives us a relationship between 'force' and 'accerleration'. When a force acts on a body, it produces acceleration in the body, the acceleration produced may be positive or negative. Newton's second law of motion also gives us a method of measuring the force in terms of mass and acceleration. The force acting on a body can be calculated by using the formula : F = m * a
> We can also write the equation F = m * a as :
a = F/m
~> It is obvious from the above relation that : The acceleration produced in a body is directly proportional to the force acting on it and inversely proportional to the mass of the body.
>> Hope the above provided data will be helpful to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?