5th April 2012, 09:18 PM
LIPDEN

What are the options available for me after passing 12th? I am a Bio student studying 12th

i am a bio student studying in 12 ..what are my options for career after 12.. nd can i go for army?

6th April 2012, 01:02 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available for me after passing 12th? I am a Bio student studying 12th

Having completed 12th class in Science stream, you have good number of avenues to make your entry. Choose the one which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

You can opt for Graduation in B.Sc with any of the following subjects as the specialization.
-Biotechnology
-Biochemistry
-Chemistry
-Bioinformatics
-Genetics
-Genetic Engineering
-Botany
-Zoology etc.

You can also opt for Pharmacy related courses like
-D.Pharmacy
-B.Pharmacy

You have also the chance to join various professional courses like
-Medicine
-BDS
-Veterinary
-Physiotherapy

You may also join
-B.Sc Nursing
-B.Sc Agriculture etc.

The ball is in your court now. Choose the one which you are interested.

Carry out the things with proper planning. This is the turning point for your life. The course which you are going to join at this level, is going to decide what you will be in the future.

Yes. You can join Army also after completion of your 12th class. For this, you need to appear for NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Wish you all the best.
3rd May 2013, 05:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available for me after passing 12th? I am a Bio student studying 12th

You can try for courses in medical field. MBBS, BDS, BHMS, etc are some of the suitable options. Otherwise you can look for courses in fisheries or farm science. B.V.Sc is a good to have a rewarding career. B.Pharm or nursing courses can also be selected.
7th May 2013, 09:39 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPDEN View Post
i am a bio student studying in 12 ..what are my options for career after 12.. nd can i go for army?
After passing class 12th if you want to join Indian army than you have to appear in the NDA exams.

Eligibilty for the NDA exams is 12th pass for the Army wing
12th pass with Phy and Maths as subjects for the Airforce and Navy wing

Age- Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years

Only Male candidates can apply for the NDA exams.

Apart from NDA you can apply for the:
>> MBBS course
>> Law course- you can give the CLAT exams
>> BBA course
>> B.sc Agriculture
>> Fashion Technology
20th March 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i am doing 11 in PCB with Engalish and computer . what are the option available for me after passing 12 ?
21st March 2014, 07:07 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Soon after completion of 12th class in Bio-Sciences, the following courses would be a good choice for you in the next academic levels.

MBBS
BDS
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Veterinary
B-Pharmacy

The admission for all these courses will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

If you don't want to go for these courses, you can join 3 year Graduation courses like B.Sc with any of the following subjects
Botany
Zoology
Biotechnology
Microbiology
Genetics etc.

Yes. You are eligible to join Indian Army after completion of 12th class in Life Sciences.

For this, you should crack the following selection procedure
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test

You should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years to apply for this Exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take this Exam. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for this Exam.

Have good preparation for NDA Exam to make your entry into Indian Army.

Wish you all the best.
29th March 2014, 11:48 PM
Wajit

Thumbs up Re: What are the options available for me after passing 12th? I am a Bio student studying 12th

You have a lot of options.You can go for medical entrance exam or can go for Bsc in botany/zoology/microbiology/biochemistry.All have good prospect.To get entry into medical sector you have to appear in state entrance/all india medical entrance which tests are based on multiple choice questions from physics,chemistry and biology.You will get MBBS/BDS according to rank.Some colleges take entrance for Bsc courses too.So,study texts thoroughly.good luck..
19th May 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a sslc passed female student.i want to take pcmb what carrier options are there without medicle and engneering to ern more and erly?
16th March 2015, 08:46 PM
Ronie0309

Most people go on to pursue MBBS.
You can also opt for pure sciences and go on to do B.Sc i.e Bachelor's in pure science.
The subjects you can opt for are:
-Biotechnology
-Nursing
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Genetic
-Botany
-Zoology
etc.
17th March 2015, 10:26 PM
unique99

Friend you are a 12th standard student in biology stream.You have the opportunities to
become a medical student also you can choose BDS after qualifying Joint Entrance EXAM.
Accordingly you need to pass 12th standard having 5o% marks to appear entrance exam.

OTHER OPTIONS:-

1.BSC Nursing.

2.B.PHARMA.

3.BIOTECHNOLOGY.

4.AGRI BSC.

5.B.SC

Thank You,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?