28th April 2013, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?

My name is D.R.Pawar. I am student of diploma in mechanical engineering (10th base). I want to complate BE (mechanical engineering ) in IIT. So please tell me what is procedure for take admission.
Thank you......

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  2. Procedure for admission in Architecture course in IIT college?
  3. How to do B.Com after doing 12th arts?
  4. Procedure for admission in Aeronautical Engineering? Is it through IIT or AIEEE or do we have to give exam for particular college?
  5. Can I get admission in B.E in IIT college after diploma in Electronics Telecommunication? What is the procedure for admission?
  6. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  7. Admission procedure for Dr, Ambedkar Institute of Technology? What is the lateral entry procedure in IIT?
  8. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  9. Does IIT provide training to other college student?
  10. What is the procedure to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering in IIT Delhi
  11. What is the admission procedure for naval College for Jr College?
  12. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria?
  13. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  14. Doe IIT provide training to other college students? Criteria and procedure?
  15. Does IIT provides training to other college students? Procedure and eligibility for training in Electronics & Communication engineering?
  16. Regarding Punjab PMT Test to be held in the future -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which is better B.Tech after diploma or B.Tech after 12th?
  18. College name with state, fees and procedure for admission in MBBS? -- [New]
18th May 2015, 04:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and is famous all around the world for its way of teaching of engineering courses .The same colleges are managed and controlled by Central government of India .

For admission in the IIT at the very first you will have to do well in your respective 12th board examination or equivalent degree examination so that you lasts among the top 20% student of your board on the basis of marks in the board examination .

Then you will have to crack the Joint entrance examination generally called as JEE conducted by CBSE for the purpose of selection of students for admission in the IIT .The JEE examinations are held in the two stages which are called as JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively .Also for appearing in these examination your age must be within 17 years to 25 years and the maximum attempt provided for cracking the same examination is 3 attempts .

Once you clear the two stages you will be offered a certain IIT with a certain course depending upon your overall performance in all the three examination i.e; board examination and two stages of JEE .

For more queries about the same examination log on to the website www.cbse.nic.in .
29th September 2015, 10:27 PM
Silent work
Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?

Sorry, but you will not get admission in IIT after diploma.

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. For this first JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) should be given.

Only 12th passed students with PCM are eligible for JEE. JEE is conducted by IIT for admission in B.Tech.
Diploma is not equivalent to 10 + 2. So, you can not able to give JEE. That's why you will not get admission in IIT after diploma for B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?