8th December 2016, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS officer so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam? Please tell me about the Coaching centers available for preparing.

12th December 2016, 09:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for the selection as an I.P.S Officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages for final selection.

The candidates requires better preparation as according to the syllabus of the examination for final selection.

Some of the best coaching institutes for preparation are :-

VAJIRAM & RAVI.

ALS.

RAU's IAS.

Chanakya IAS.

VISION IAS.
13th December 2017, 06:19 PM
Somyarathore
Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?

The Indian Police Service examination is a part of the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission each year.
Educational Qualification:
A candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree from any of the universities recognised by the UGC or possess an equivalent qualification.
4. Age Limit :
Candidate should fulfill the age limits mentioned below:
Minimum age 21 years
Maximum age 30 years as on 1st of August in the year of examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?