8th July 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification needed for NET paper?

What is the qualification needed for NET paper?...please tell me the details about it

9th July 2012, 07:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification needed for NET paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the qualification needed for NET paper?...please tell me the details about it
NET or National Eligibility Test is the entrance test for students in India who want admission in universities for pursuing PhD research or want lecturer job in a university.

There are several conditions and criteria for candidates to appear in NET entrance exam.

Educational Criteria:

Candidates should secure at least 55 per cent marks in Master Degree course.

Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handicapped Candidates need to secure at least 50 per cent marks.

You should not have any grace or round off in Masters Degree

Those who are pursuing PhD need to appear in the subject of their Master's Degree. However in case your Master Degree subject is not covered you may appear in subject related to your Master degree subject.

Candidates who are in the final year of the Post Graduation can also appear in the NET exam however they will only given admission after they have completed the Post Graduation course. In case you fail to secure minimum marks limit which is 55 percent of General and 50 percentage for SC/ST etc you would be qisqualified.

Age Limit:

There is no upper age limit for the cadidates appearing in NET entrance exam for the job of lectureship.

Candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should not be more than 28 years old as per the first day of the month in which NET exam is set to take place.

SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates are eligible for 5 years relaxation in the minimum age requirement. However candidates from SC/ST/ and Other Backward Class would require to present a proof to back their claim.

If you have completed LLB then you are also eligible for 3 years relaxation in NET.

Exemption: (Lectureship)

Candiadates who have appeared in the State Eligibility Test known as SET prior to 1 June 2002 are not required to appear in NET exam and can apply for Lectureship anywhere in India.

Those candidates who appeared in SET exam after 1 Junr 2002 are only eligible to get lectureship post in the state they cleared in SET exam.
9th July 2012, 12:51 PM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: What is the qualification needed for NET paper?

Quote:

HI FRIEND,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test conduct for lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam ..

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

AGE LIMIT; For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is

19 years.There is no restriction for attempts NET exam.

net june secssion exam already completed so that YOU can apply

for next nov-dec 2012 exam.....

For online application you can visit http://www.ugc.ac.in/

ALLTHE BEST...
13th July 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I passed my M.A part 1 with 52%. My M.A part 2 exams r in april 2013. can i appear NET SET in december 2012? plz reply. plz
1st February 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I passed my Bsc.it (graduation) with 65%. I prsuing Msc.it 2nd semester but i have not clear my 1st sem my reappear in 2 subjects.can i apply NET exam.plz reply
16th August 2013, 12:53 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full form of NET is National eligibility Test. This Test is conducted twice every eyar by the University Grants Commission.

The Qualifications Required for the National Eligibility Test are :

** The candidate must hold a Master`s Degree in any stream from any recognized university.

** The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

** Candidates who are in the final year of post graduation can also apply for the NET.

** No age limitations is there for the post of lectureship.

** The age limit for the JRF post is 21-28 years considering that the candidate belongs to General Category.

** Relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC Candidates.

** Relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST Candidates.

** The candidate must be an Indian.

** Both Male and Female Candidates are allowed to appear for the NET.

The National Eligibility test is conducted for the following posts :

1) Junior Research fellowship

2) lectureship

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th September 2013, 09:24 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

NET - National eligibility Test. The UGC conducts this test.

The examination is conducted for the following posts to be fulfilled :

i) Junior Research fellowship

ii) lectureship

The eligibility to apply for NET examination are :

* Candidate with Post Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

* Final year students of Post Graduation are also eligible to apply.

* UGC has not set any age limitation for the post of Lecturers.

* Candidates willing to be a JRF must apply between 21 - 28 years.

* According to the govt. rule of reservation OBC candidates have been granted a relaxation in upper age of 3 years and SC/ST candidates have been granted a relaxation of 5 years.

* Citizenship - Indian.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
4th February 2020, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I got 5o% Mark's in English in the graduation level but i got 65% Mark's in post graduation level can I apply for net exam?I am a general student obviously can I apply for the exam? Please reply.
6th February 2020, 03:23 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
I got 5o% Mark's in English in the graduation level but i got 65% Mark's in post graduation level can I apply for net exam?I am a general student obviously can I apply for the exam? Please reply.
Yes, you can apply for UGC NET exam.

The UGC NET exam is organized by National Testing Agency twice a year for assistant professor and junior research fellowship.

The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the UGC Norms mentioned below:

Educational Qualification: The candidates must have completed the post graduation degree with more than 55% marks from the UGC approved university.

The candidates in their final year or who's result is awaited, are also eligible to apply for the exam, however they need to complete the post graduation degree within two years time period.

Age limit: The age of the candidates must be below 30 years for UGC NET JRF. There is no age limit criteria for the UGC NET lectureship.

The reserved category candidates are eligible to avail the reservation in percentage and age limit criteria for NET JRF.

visit official website for more details about the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?