11th August 2017, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required for NET exam after completion of BA?

What is the qualification required for NET exam after completion of BA? Can you please guide me with the official details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on this soon as possible. Thank you!

12th August 2017, 12:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the qualification required for NET exam after completion of BA?

* NET refers to National eligibility test and the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as below :-

i) You must have be an Indian citizen with your age not exceeding 28 years for JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ). There is no age limit for the post of assistant professor.

ii) You must have completed your master's degree course in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

So being BA degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in NET unless you complete your Master's degree with the required percentage.

For more details about NET you can visit its official website www.cbsenet.nic.in.
12th August 2017, 05:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required for NET exam after completion of BA?

NET ( National Eligibility Test ) conducted by UGC for recruitment of JRF and Lecturer in colleges and universities.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree (or in final year of master degree ) from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate and no age limit to appear for recruitment as lecturer. The age limit for JRF is 19-28 years.

So, after bachelor degree you must have to pursue master degree from recognised university to appear in examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
12th August 2017, 07:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE for recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs in various UGC approved university.
* Further the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NET are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must not exceed 28 years for joining JRFs where as there is no age limit for the post of assistant professor. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your Master degree course with 55% marks or must be in the final year of same degree from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

So just being a bachelor degree holder i.e; BA you need to pursue Master's degree course and secure the required percentage of marks in it to appear in the NET.

For more detailed information regarding NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
12th August 2017, 09:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Qualification required for NET entrance exam:

1. You should be post graduate or in final year of master's degree. Bachelor of Arts candidates can not apply for NET entrance exam.

2. You need to pursue Master of Arts and score minimum of 55% marks to apply for this entrance exam.

3. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship but it is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.
13th August 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

What is best preparation plan to crack NET ECONOMICS? I consider a very helpful and useful reply to have been really helpful and handy.
Thank you.
15th August 2017, 12:21 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the qualification required for NET exam after completion of BA? Can you please guide me with the official details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on this soon as possible. Thank you!
No, you are not eligible to apply for NET exam after completing BA.

NET is National Eligibility Test. The NET examination is conducted for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship by UGC.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the examination are

The candidates should have a Post-Graduation degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. For the SC/ST and PH candidates minimum marks required is 50%.

For Assistant Professor there is no maximum age limitation.
For the JRF the maximum age limitation is 28 years.

The candidates should be Indian citizen.

You need to complete your post graduation first with minimum 55% marks in aggregate and then you can apply for NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?