2nd May 2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completion of diploma course?

I am a diploma student (10th pass out) of branch electronic and communication should i appear in ias exam after diploma without the degree of 12 what is the process for appearing in upsc exams? Can someone please guide me in the same?

5th May 2016, 09:06 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completion of diploma course?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for UPSC Exam after completion of Diploma course:

No, you cannot join IAS (Indian Administrative Service) just after completion of Diploma Course. Since you have not met the required eligibility criteria, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Examinations. The minimum qualification required for this exam is,

>> Graduate Degree or Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to join IAS.

Important Note: Diploma is a course of 10+3 pattern where as the minimum required qualification should be of 10+2+3/ 10+2+4 pattern. So I suggest you to pursue B.Tech/ B.E to be eligible for appearing in IAS Examinations.
5th May 2016, 03:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completion of diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to appear for examination conducted by UPSC. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts examination for recruitment of candidates as an Officer in different sector.

The minimum required qualification to appear for UPSC examination is 10+2. So, you need to pursue 10+2 or you can appear for other UPSC examination after bachelor degree.

For more details about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th May 2016, 06:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC examination after completion of your Diploma course. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC examination is completion of Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have not pursued Graduation course, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC examination.
5th May 2016, 07:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The entrance examination for it conducted by Union Public Service Commission and is called Civil Services examination. The minimum academic qualification required for appearing for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for examination.

You must do bachelor's degree after diploma then only you can become eligible for Civil Services exam. The minimum age limit for exam is 21 years.
5th May 2016, 07:23 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are doing diploma course in Electronics discipline. You are interested to appear in the IAS exam. But, unfortunately I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for IAS exam.

Following are the eligibility for the IAS exam:

Educational qualification: student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university.

Age limit: The maximum age limit for giving this exam is 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. rules.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by Interview.

>>Since you have just completed 10th standard. So you are not eligible for giving the exam at this time. First of all you have to complete 12th standard and then complete the graduation course then after you are eligible for IAS exam.
5th May 2016, 08:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma student (10th pass out) of branch electronic and communication should i appear in ias exam after diploma without the degree of 12 what is the process for appearing in upsc exams? Can someone please guide me in the same?
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for IAS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for IAS exam is a graduation degree from a recognized University. Final year of graduate degree candidates can apply here.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
5th May 2016, 09:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS exam you need degree in any discipline. Diploma is not a degree and you will not be eligible for UPSC civil services exam on the basis of diploma course.
You can try for UPSC SCRA exam on the basis of diploma engineering qualification.
5th May 2016, 10:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is as below:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from UGC recognized university. For distance education candidates, their institute must be approved by Distance Education council.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

You are not eligible for UPSC IAS exam after diploma in electronics and communication engineering.
6th May 2016, 07:03 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that Diploma holders are not at all eligible to apply for UPSC examination as the minimum educational requirement in order to be eligible to apply for UPSC examination in graduation, and as you don't have a graduation degree, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?