8th August 2012, 08:27 PM
c subatra

What is the qualification to write IAS exam? I have finished my degree course

hai ...what is the qualification to write a IAS exam? i have finised my degree course .for IAS exam whether this is enough for IAS exam or this is not enough for IAS exam to write...

11th August 2012, 01:55 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the qualification to write IAS exam? I have finished my degree course

Quote:
Originally Posted by c subatra View Post
hai ...what is the qualification to write a IAS exam? i have finised my degree course .for IAS exam whether this is enough for IAS exam or this is not enough for IAS exam to write...
Qualifications Required To Become An IAS Officer

In order to become an IAS Officer..a candidate must clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year by the UPSC in 2 stages :-

>> Prelims
>> Mains

The Preliminary Exam shall test you on your aptitude as well as general awareness with 2 objective papers..

If you clear the Prelims then you will qualify for the Mains where you will be facing 9 subjective papers based on your graduation subject as well as language skills..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the Civil Service Exams only if :-

1) The candidate has cleared his/her graduation from a recognized University in any stream..

2) The candidate should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general..21-33 and 21-35 years for OBC and SC/sT respectively..

The notification dates for 2013 are not yet out but I'll let you know the 2012 dates so that you can get an idea of the dates this year too..

Release of Notification :- 4th Feb,2012
Last Date To Fill The Form :- 5th March,2012

Prelims Examination :- 20th May,2012

Mains Exam :- 5th October,2012

After you clear the Mains..you will be called for the final interview..

The results shall be announced 2-3 weeks before the next Preliminary Exam..

In case you have any more queries regarding the exam you can Click Here

I have provided you with the exam pattern as well as some few previous year question papers..

Go through them and I hope they will assist you in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 162 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 122 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 104 views)
11th August 2012, 02:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification to write IAS exam? I have finished my degree course

Hi dear..........
As you are interested for IAS exam , The details eligibility criteria are as follows.......

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

For IAS you have t appear Civil service exam in which there are three steps in their exam.

The exam pattern......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..........
11th August 2012, 05:09 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification to write IAS exam? I have finished my degree course

IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Services Commission) one time in every year & the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. Candidate must be complete graduation or equivalent degree from any of the recognized university.

2. Being a final year candidate may also eligible.

3. There is no Percentage restrictions for this exam.

4. The candidate should be a citizen of india.

5. Age limits is 21 years to 30 years-
3 years upper age relaxation for the OBC candidates,
5 years upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

6. No.of attempts for this exam:-
For General category--> 4 times,
For OBC category--> 7 times,
For SC/ST category--> No limits for SC/ST category.

7. Selection process:-
Civil services aptitude test,
Civil services mains exam,
Personal interview.

For more details visit the below website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th August 2012, 08:55 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific exam as IAS exam, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once a year.

QUALIFICATION TO WRITE IAS CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation fro SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST - PRELIMINARY EXAM
-CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM
-PERSONAL INTERVIEW
As you have finished your Graduation, you can apply for Civil Service exam for the year 2013 next year.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th August 2012, 09:06 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

yes, off course you can apply for IAS after completing your graduation degre.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
=> Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

All the best
11th August 2012, 09:24 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is the qualification to write IAS exam? I have finished my degree course

hello,

IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Services Commission) one time in every year & the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. Candidate must be complete graduation or equivalent degree from any of the recognized university.

Civil service
14th August 2012, 10:53 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

the Qualifications required to write IAS Exam are :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for candidates of OBC Category and 5 years for candidates of SC/ST category.

* Number of Attempts -

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knwoeldge regarding your query. hope the informtion will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2012, 01:05 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Eligibility of IAS-

Civil service
25th May 2013, 11:14 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by c subatra View Post
Yes Off Course , Definitely your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination after Completing you're graduation course..

Any faculty candidates are eligible for IAS Entrance Examination .. So, After Completing your graduation course in Political Science your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination ..

But you have to Note that you should not have any backlogs in your graduation course then Only your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination ..

IAS stands for Indian Administration Service and this Entrance Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every Once in a year ..

The IAS Examination Appearing candidate should be hold bachelor degree or Equivalent Examination in any discipline from recognized university ..

Final year candidate / Waiting for result of bachelor degree candidate may also eligible to apply for IAS Entrance Examination..

No Minimum Marks required for the Entrance Examination ..

Candidate should be in between 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidate who belong from Reserved category candidates ..

Upper age Relaxation :-

~~ Three years age relaxation for OBC candidates
~~ Five years age relaxation for defence service personnel

Physical Standards :- Candidate should be Physically as well Medically Fit ..

Notification for this Entrance Examination Updated in Official website of upsc and also published in Employment news paper ..

You may apply for this Entrance Examination in Online Mode through UPSC Official website . The Cost of the Examination Form Rs.50 /- for General candidates and Free for SC/ST candidates ..

For More Details Please Click Here :-http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th May 2013, 02:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed Degree from a recognized University then definitely you can apply for IAS examination.

Age should be in the range of 21 to 30 years if you belong to General category but if you belong to reserved category then you will get relaxation

SC/ST Category - 5 years relaxation

OBC Category - 3 years relaxation

The selection is purely based on the marks obtained in the examination conducted by the UPSC which has 3 stages.

-Preliminary Stage which will have two objective type paper of 200 marks. You have to clear this exam then only you will be eligible for Mains exam.

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

Those who are in merit after the end of the examination will be selected for respective posts.

Number of Attempts Allowed:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th May 2013, 05:48 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Union Public Services Commission organizes Indian Administrative Services exam through Civil Services exam every year.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

# There is no need of percentage for this exam.

Age limit and relaxation regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PWD candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

No. of attempts regarding with Indian Administrative Services are below mentioned:-

# General:- 4.

# OBC:- 7.

# SC/ST:- No limits.

The scheme of selection regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Preliminary exam.

# MAINS exam.

# Interview Process.

Thanks.

26th May 2013, 07:41 PM
pathagunta

Hello Friend,

any degree in recognsied university
26th May 2013, 07:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

A degree will be enough to appear for the Civil Services Examination. In fact any degree is sufficient enough. Therefore you are eligible for the Indian Administrative Service hence start preparing for the entrance exam.

It will not be easy to crack the Civil Services Examination. More than 5 Lakh candidates appear every year. The seats available are not more than 400. Therefore it will be a very tough fought battle to become IAS office.

You can appear for the exam next year if you meet the age criteria. The qualification criteria will not be an issue. To appear for Civil Services Examination, it will be important to register.

Registration starts sometime in February/March. It is followed by preliminary exam in May and Main Examination in August. If cleared both, you will become IAS officer.

To clear the exam, you will have to prepare very hard. There are various books available to crack Civil Services Examination. You can start with studying 12th class books from NCERT.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality should be Indian if wishes to apply for IAS.

2. Bachelor degree from recgonzied college is the basic qualification requirement.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. You need to be at least 21 years old to appear for the exam.

5. Candidates above 30 years can't apply unless belong to reserve category.

6. The OBC can apply for IAS exam upto 33 years of age.

7. SC/ST can apply till 35 years.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Personal Interview

Attempts Per Candidate

1. Four for the General student.

2. Seven for OBC.

3. No limit for SC/ST.
8th September 2013, 11:59 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend to write IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

I hope this information will help you.

All the best......
8th September 2013, 09:30 PM
ganeshpandiyan09

HI friend degree is enough to atten IAS exam
ALL THE BEST FRIEND
15th September 2013, 02:51 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate must be an Indian National.
Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or passed in any stream of education from a recognised University.
Age limit to apply for IAS/IPS examination is
21-30 years for GENERAL
21-33 years for OBC
21-35 years for SC/ST
The number of attempts for IAS/IPS examination are
4 times for GENERAL category
7 times for OBC category

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT
Civil Service Main Exam
Personal Interview

Best Books For preparation:

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2014 (Paper - 2)
-------Sachchida Nand Jha

IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies wih CSAT 2012 & 2013 (Paper - 1)
-----Expert Compilations

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012)
-----Disha Experts

Good luck
15th September 2013, 11:52 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend....................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
2nd March 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Now i am going to complete BA English . I want prepare for civil service exam.how can i start preparation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?