11th February 2018, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

What qualifications are required for Higher Secondary school teacher post?

Sir, I'm doing B.Sc in Mathematics. My ambition is to become a maths teacher. Please, tell me sir what are the further qualifications required to become a higher secondary school maths teacher?

Related Questions:
  1. Higher secondary school teacher test question papers
  2. What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?
  3. Criteria and procedure for getting Higher Secondary school teacher approval -- [New]
  4. Colleges offering BSc admission in Kerala? Steps to become Biology or Zoology HS Teacher?
  5. Teaching job after passing 12th this year
  6. Qualification required for Higher Secondary School Teacher post? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I become a Teacher in any Higher Secondary school if having 15 years of Teaching experience in Abu Dhabi after completed M.Sc(Biochemistry)?
  8. M.Pharma holder can be a Science Teacher in Higher Secondary School?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Higher Secondary Teacher and College Lecturer? Which course should I pursue after completing BA?
  10. Can I do B.Ed from IGNOU or any other universities from Uttarakhand if I am a experienced teacher already?
  11. Procedure to follow for government job in Education sector
  12. How can I get admission in Higher Secondary being a Primary School Teacher?
  13. Am i eligible for DSC in AP state after completing B.Ed in Bidar from Karnataka?
  14. Can I get admission in 12th directly after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. CBSE affiliated Higher Secondary Commerce schools in Chennai
  16. How to do B.Ed from Delhi University or Jamia?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course now if I am going to complete graduation in the present year?
  18. Is B.Ed compulsory to become HS Teacher of Sociology? Eligibility to appear in SET(Sociology)?
21st February 2018, 11:18 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualifications are required for Higher Secondary school teacher post?

Requirement of teachers in Higher Secondary School is carried out on the basis of Common entrance exam, called Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

A pass is higher secondary examination with 50% marks along with Diploma in Elementary Education is the minimum eligibility for this exam.

The exam is conducted separately for Primary stage or Elementary stage.

Eligibility criteria:

Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks is the minimum eligibility criterion.

Final year of candidates of the two year of Diploma in Elementary Education/ Bachelor in Education are eligible to appear for this exam.

Graduates with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate along with Bachelor's Degree in Education are also eligible.

Candidates who have passed higher secondary examination with 50% marks along with four year Bachelor in Elementary Education are also eligible.
22nd February 2018, 11:09 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualifications are required for Higher Secondary school teacher post?

To become a teacher in higher secondary you have to appear and qualify for PGT examination conducted by CBSE as CTET or State TET.

Candidates after qualifying for entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as a teacher in government schools.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed master's degree from a recognized university.

Candidate must have B.Ed degree. So, you have to pursue both the course to appear for entrance examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
22nd February 2018, 07:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the requirements for becoming a teacher in a higher secondary school being a B.Sc in Mathematics degree holder then for the same you first need to pursue bachelor of education degree course and then you need to qualify teacher eligibility test i.e; TETs like CTET, State TETs.

You can also become lecturer in recognized university but in that case you need to first complete master's in Mathematics and then you need to qualify NET/SET i.e; National/State Eligibility Test.
22nd February 2018, 08:16 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a government teacher then after graduation it is compulsory to have a degree of B.Ed.
After completing B.Ed you need to clear TET, CTET, and many more to become a teacher in higher secondary school.
There is no upper age limit.

If you want to become a private school teacher then also you need to complete post graduation. Now a days, private schools also demands B.Ed degree.
22nd February 2018, 09:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If, you want the recruitment in government school you have to appear and qualify for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is conducted by CBSE.

The eligibility for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognized university.

Candidate also needs to have B.Ed qualification to appear for the examination. Only after the required qualification, you will become eligible to appear for examination.

For detail about CTET visit at http://www.ctet.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?