13th November 2010, 01:38 PM
ds55

What to select-IAS or IES after Mechanical Engineering ? And what is the related procedure & coaching centres in Mumbai?

I have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering . Please tell me that what should be opted after B.Tech - IES or IAS?
Also tell me the procedure to apply and coaching centres in Mumbai for preparation.

Related Questions:
  1. Which Books should I prepare for IES Exam in Mechanical Engineering? List of Coaching Centers for this Exam in Hyderabad?
  2. Best coaching centres for IES in Pune? I am working in a software company in Pune and want to crack IES exam
  3. Procedure and eligibility for IES examication
  4. From where to get GATE previous year papers and study material?
  5. Is there any good coaching for IES? I am in 4th semester in mechanical engineering
  6. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  7. Which centers in Delhi provide IES coaching?
  8. Procedure to apply for Internship in L&T, Mumbai for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  9. How to do IES coaching after passing B.E civil Engineering? Best IES coaching institutes in India
  10. How to prepare for IES mechanical Engineering? How many attempts are allotted for the exam? Is there any IES coaching center in Pune?
  11. List of best IAS coaching centres in Allahabad -- [New]
  12. How to join IAS coaching in Delhi?
  13. Does resonanace provide the coaching classes for ISAT? List of coaching institutes in Navi Mumbai for the same?
  14. What is the criteria to get selected in the best coaching centre for IES?
  15. Which is best for mechanical between IES and IAS? How many seats are there in IES?
  16. Can B.tech computer students appear for IAS & IES exams? Best combination of subjects?
  17. Best coaching centres of IAS coaching in Chandigarh? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to select a coaching institute for IAS exam? What is the criteria for getting admission? Best coaching institute for IAS exam in Hyderabad? Which subjects should a B.Tech Electrical Engineering student choose?
15th November 2010, 08:01 PM
malini k

Default Re: What to select-IAS or IES after Mechanical Engineering ? And what is the related procedure & coaching centres in Mumbai?

Dear friend,
You can go for either IAS or IES according to your interest
Since there is no syllabus problem to you ,you can try for both
For IAS, there is an optional subject for mechanical engineering and for IES also there is mechanical stream
So its totally depend up on your interest
Try to select a career which is more preferable to you ,then you will not feel the job as a burden and success will follow you

There is only one to help you ,that is "you" itself

Good luck friend
15th December 2010, 03:57 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What to select-IAS or IES after Mechanical Engineering ? And what is the related procedure & coaching centres in Mumbai?

hello friend

IAS

IES

both are top knocks if you get it

in both the careers you will get the most results as you want

choosing what will depend on you because if you're really strong in your subject then you might not get this doubt at all

so for a change and good result also try with IAS which will get through CSE conducted by UPSC

for all further details log in to the following sites

www.upscportal.com

www.onestopias.com

all the best

~aditya~
13th March 2011, 03:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What to select-IAS or IES after Mechanical Engineering ? And what is the related procedure & coaching centres in Mumbai?

IAS or IES

both are the civil Services...

if you're strong in your subject then go with IES

or else

if you are very much interested in Civil Services

then Go with CSE (Civil Services Examination)

In this exam You'll have many other services like IPS and IFS and so on along with IAS

I think its better to take IES because 4 years you might have spent a lot of time to learn the concepts of engineering ..

it will be useful and fruitful for you and to your country if you select IES

this IES has seperate exam

for latest updates regarding the examination you can log in to this blogs

www.upscportal.com

or else check in this link

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best

~aditya~
25th April 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to select-IAS or IES after Mechanical Engineering ? And what is the related procedure & coaching centres in Mumbai?

hai iam in b.tech 1st year my life ambition is to pursue IAS examination so please tell me about details about syllabus?
24th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

what type of job and power equivalent for both ias and ies
11th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

is both ias & ies test fill after b.tech in mechanical on same time?
6th April 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursing B.Tech In Mechanical Engineering. I'm in final year. I want to choose civil services as my career in future. I want to face civil services examination with two optional subjects mechanical engg. & mathematics. Please tell me which coaching institute will provide good guidance in both optional subjects........
17th April 2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Show me mechanical engineering optional subject in civil service exam which coaching institute teach in hyderabad
24th May 2014, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

I am very confuse which is the best ias or ies after b.e (mech) but at now my preparation is zero
18th June 2015, 08:21 AM
Mohit.Bansal

IAS and IES are both Different fields. IES related to technical field while IAS related to administration field.
for IAS you have to appear for Civil Services Exam and for IES you have to appear for Engineering Services Exam. Both of the Exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
Both of the posts have equal value and rank. equal salary and both get the same facilities.
so you must decide you want to go to technical field or administrative service.

for apply you have to complete your graduation.

you have to apply for exam online on official website of UPSC.
upsconline.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?