26th June 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to give IAS or UPSC exam? Am I eligible for the exam while my results are awaiting?

hello my name is juliana Philemon and i am from Sikkim....i am a B.SC FAD student and have recently completed my final year examination through B.U board...well now that i am interested in appearing upsc,ias exam so i would like to know that what should i do to give this exam or am i eligible to give this examination while my results are awaiting???

27th June 2011, 09:19 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What should I do to give IAS or UPSC exam? Am I eligible for the exam while my results are awaiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello my name is juliana Philemon and i am from Sikkim....i am a B.SC FAD student and have recently completed my final year examination through B.U board...well now that i am interested in appearing upsc,ias exam so i would like to know that what should i do to give this exam or am i eligible to give this examination while my results are awaiting???
Yes you are eligible for IAS even while awaiting for results..

Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam whose notification come on www.upsc.gov.in
27th June 2011, 11:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to give IAS or UPSC exam? Am I eligible for the exam while my results are awaiting?

Quote:

dear friend,

these are the eligiblity for IAS exams-

Age required-
21-30 years .

Educational Qualifications -

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

so you are eligible for IAS exam

all the best
27th June 2011, 12:51 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to give IAS or UPSC exam? Am I eligible for the exam while my results are awaiting?

yes candidates whose results are due soon

are eligible for IAS/upsc cse subject to condition that

you produce your certificate before mains examination.

Eligibility

obc : 21 to 33 yrs ( 5 attempts)

sc/st: no age limit ( 7 attempts)
Education: Graduation
27th June 2011, 01:23 PM
kritika@Hans

hi dear,
Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

BEST OF LUCK
27th June 2011, 01:36 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

yes candidates whose results are due soon

are eligible for IAS/upsc cse subject to condition that

you produce your certificate before mains examination.

Eligibility

obc : 21 to 33 yrs ( 5 attempts)

sc/st: no age limit ( 7 attempts)
Education: Graduation
27th June 2011, 05:55 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
27th June 2011, 09:21 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Juliana,
For Indian Administrative Service, civil service exam is conducted by UPSC.
If you are awaiting you results for the final year of your bachelors degree program, you are eligible to apply for the exam.

The civil service examination is divided into three stages
Civil service aptitude test
Main exam
Interview

Since you are awaiting your results, you may apply for the civil service aptitude test. If you qualify the exam, you will be eligible to write Main exam and at the time of applying for the main exam, you will have submit the documents which proves that you have qualified the final year examination.

The minimum eligible age for the civil service exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category.
27th June 2011, 10:08 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

IAS exam is part of UPSC examination.This exam will held once in year.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exams:

Education qualification:
Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21 to33 years for OBC category candidates and only minimum age is required for SC/ST category candidates.

For more details,see this attachment.

To Known the IAS exam notification,then click here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 57 views)
28th June 2011, 12:41 PM
raja badam

Dear Aspirant,

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam conducts bu UPSC.

official website is www.upsc.gov.in

all the best for you.
14th February 2012, 09:09 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

The civil service examination is divided into three stages
Civil service aptitude test
Main exam
Interview

Since you are awaiting your results, you may apply for the civil service aptitude test. If you qualify the exam, you will be eligible to write Main exam and at the time of applying for the main exam, you will have submit the documents which proves that you have qualified the final year examination.21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice). Educational Qualifications :Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
14th February 2012, 10:31 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

First of all i want make one thing clear to you. That is UPSC exam and IAS exam are not much different.

UPSC can be expanded as Union Public Service Commission which can be defined as the commission conducting entrance exams for selecting central government employee. This includes Indian Administrative Service Post also which you mean as IAS.

For appearing in this exam and becoming an IAS officer, you must have some eligibility criteria. Those eligibility list are as follows.

1. You must be citizen of India.

2. You must have completed your graduation of any discipline from a
recognized university.Even final year students are also eligible for
appearing in this exam.

3. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years. The upper age limit
can be relaxed upto 3years for OBC category candidates and 5 years for
SC/ST candidates.
15th February 2012, 01:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible to appear in UPSC conducted civil service exams..

As your results are awaiting , then it will not create any problem at the time of appearing in the exam..
But after qualifying in the exam when you will go for the interview session at that time your results required..

So, try to get your results as soon as possible...
Wright now you don't need to bother, just go for the exam..

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:----------

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
2.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.
3.No such percentage of marks is required.
4.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation iis 3 years.
5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, get prepare for the exam..
All the best..
23rd May 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi.

i have backs in bsc (maths). What is the max time limit that i can appear for exam. I joined course in the year 2006.
2nd June 2014, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

hi, my name is shivam, i want to appear this year for IAS exam but the problem is this my B.A final year result is still awaiting..so can i apply for it or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?