29th May 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?

I will complete my diploma course. my branch is Diploma in tool and die making from jgmsme tool room Ranchi. Can I apply for the IAS exam?. Give me syllabus for that. Can someone provide the information on the same soon? Awaiting for the answer!

29th May 2015, 09:22 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?

No, you cannot apply for IAS exam with the qualification of Diploma, because candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream are only eligible to apply for IAS exam. So, first try to complete your graduation by joining in any Bachelors courses like B.E, B.Tech, etc. Then after the completion of your graduation, you can apply for IAS exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate must have completed his/her graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
3. Candidates age should be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas age relaxation is eligible for the candidates who belong to reserved categories.
29th May 2015, 09:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in IAS examination is completion of Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.

Since, you have not completed your Graduation course, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination.
29th May 2015, 10:23 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will complete my diploma course. my branch is Diploma in tool and die making from jgmsme tool room Ranchi. Can I apply for the IAS exam?. Give me syllabus for that. Can someone provide the information on the same soon? Awaiting for the answer!
Sorry that you are ineligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam after completing the Diploma course. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam. So, being Diploma student, you are not eligible. However, you may have a chance, if you have completed Graduation. I suggest you to apply for B.Tech or B.E through lateral after Diploma. Once, if you have successfully completed B.E or B.. Tech then definitely you are eligible for IAS. exam. Let's some basic information about an IAS exam for your reference.

The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. You must appear and qualify in the Civil Service exam in order to become an IAS officer. Please, refer the below eligibility criteria.

- Only Indian Nationals are allowed to appear in the Civil Service Examination.
- Applicants must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university,
- The required age to appear for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years. There is 5 years relaxation in upper age for SC/ST Candidates and 3 years for OBC category candidates.
29th May 2015, 10:42 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

IAS and IPS Exams are Civil service Examinations. These Exams are conducted by the UPSE once in a year. The candidate who wants apply for the Civil service exams must have completed his/her graduation. Diploma is not a graduation course or equivalent. So you are not eligible to apply for civil service exams. If you want to study IAS then you need to complete any Bachelors degree course.
30th May 2015, 11:41 AM
pjgp

No,you are not eligible for IAS.
The minimum educational qualification required for IAS is graduation from recognised university.
Upsc conducts IAS EXAM every year,
the minimum age limit required for IAS is 21 to 30 years.
For more information log in to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2015, 09:08 PM
kunalroy89

No you are not eligible.The minimum qualification required is Graduation from any stream. Diploma in tool making is not equivalent of graduation.
Following are the eligibility criteria for Civil services exam-
Minimum qualification graduate from recognized university from any stream.
Age limit 21-30 years with reservations for different categories.
Maximum number of attempts limited to 4 for general, 7 for OBC and unlimited till age limit crosses for SC/ST

As you are not a graduate you can not apply.
30th May 2015, 09:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you can not apply for IAS exam because you have completed diploma course.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam so please check it out.

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 39 views)
19th June 2015, 05:02 PM
satya praveen96
Junior Member+

No,you cannot apply for the IAS exam after completing your diploma course.

The minimum eligibility criteria for IAS post are as follows.

>>Candidate must be the citizen of India.
>>Candidate must have completed his/her graduation course from the recognized university.
>>Candidate age must be between 21-30 years.

Note:- Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates is given.

So first of all you need to complete your graduation course in any field.

Then check out the eligibility criteria and if you are all-right with all the criteria then apply for the IAS exam.

Once you qualify the exam a personnel interview will be held where your physical fitness is also checked.

If you clear this round also then you will be appointed as IAS Officer.
14th June 2023, 09:00 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, you can apply for the Civil Services Examination (IAS exam) even if you have completed a diploma course in tools. The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam are as follows:

Nationality: You must be a citizen of India.

Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 21 years, and the maximum age limit varies based on the category you belong to. Generally, it is 32 years for general category candidates, with relaxation provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

Educational Qualification: You must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no specific requirement regarding the field of study, which means candidates from diverse educational backgrounds, including those with diploma qualifications, are eligible to apply.

It's important to note that while having a diploma in tools may not directly affect your eligibility for the IAS exam, it is crucial to have a bachelor's degree to meet the educational qualification criteria. Therefore, if you have completed your diploma course, you will still need to pursue a bachelor's degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?