26th April 2015, 03:05 PM
preet shah 03

What should I do to take Science stream in 11th if my Maths is weak?

I just passed 10 and i am very confused that what should i do i want to take maths in 11 science but i am quite weak in maths but i want to go with maths now what shoud i do ?

Related Questions:
  1. What can be the possible career for me after 12th science if I am weak in maths?
  2. Being strong in science but weak in mathematics can I science stream?
  3. Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?
  4. Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?
  5. Can I get admission to study 11th Science in any CBSE School if secured C1 Grade in Maths and Science?
  6. What should I study among Science and Commerce in 11th CBSE if weak in Physics but strong in Maths?
  7. Which stream should I take in 11th Class having interest in Science?
  8. What is the minimum marks required in class 10th to get science, maths stream in class 11th
  9. Should I study BBA if completed 12th Science but weak in Maths?
  10. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  11. Stream in 11th without Maths to become a Doctor? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?
  13. What shall I do being a Science candidate weak in Maths and English and interested to do Engineering?
  14. Whether session is started before result enlisting in Indian Schools? Admission in 11th Science for a student of Qatar?
  15. If I am good in Biology, bad in Physical Science and uninterested in Maths then which stream to choose in 11th?
  16. Did I do anything wrong by taking arts stream in my 11th 12th? What should I do after 12th?
  17. Which stream should I choose between Science and Commerce being a candidate good at Biology and little weak in Maths?
  18. Which stream should I take in 11th class?
26th April 2015, 05:05 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to take Science stream in 11th if my Maths is weak?

If your maths is not very good then the school will offered you PCB (Physics,Chemistry,Biology)Stream.If you want to go with maths then you have to improve your maths after that you will get maths.

In 11th there are many subjects which offered to the students are -- Choice in Maths or Biology(Physics and Chemistry are compulsory Subjects) and Physical Education,Computer Application,Hindi optional subject depend upon the student.

There are some Diploma cources which are available after completing 10th are-
  1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  2. Diploma in Automobile Engineering
  3. Diploma in Civil Engineering
  4. Civil Engineering
  5. Mechanical Engineering
  6. Electrical Engineering
  7. Chemical Engineering
  8. Printing Technology
  9. Ceramic Technology
  10. Architecture Assistant Slip
  11. Automobile Engineering
  12. Metallurgy
  13. Textile Manufacturing
  14. Textile Processing
  15. Mining Engineering
  16. Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
  17. Diploma in Computer Science & Technology
  18. Diploma in Computer Technology
26th April 2015, 06:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to take Science stream in 11th if my Maths is weak?

If you want to with the mathematics and you are saying that you are weal in mathematics.

There is nothing to worry, mathematics is a subject which needs practice. If you devoted to score well in this subject no one can stop you from achieving good marks in this subjects but you need to give proper time to this subjects.

Follow Mathematics by RD Sharma in 10+1 and 10+2 for better practice. Try to solve each and every questions of this book, donot forget to solve NCERT questions.

Revise the learnt concept at regular intervals. Practice is the only key to get good marks in mathematics.
26th April 2015, 09:08 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

See, there are two options with you. lets discuss the merits and demerits of both the options one by one.

> In case you do not take up maths. Then the option left with you is to take the PCB i.e. taking biology. Through this, you would become eligible for the medical stream but then your chances for the engineering courses will be shut.

> On the other hand, if you chose the maths subject, then you will have the engineering option available but the medical option will be no longer available.

Also, you need to understand that if you having problem of the maths of 10th standard then definitely the 11th ans 12th standard maths would be a nightmare for you. So, if you are completely dedicated to overcome your disabilities and can work really hard to overcome your weakness in maths then only we would advise you to take that.

Otherwise there is no point taking up a weak subject and then devastating your 12th percentage.
26th April 2015, 11:26 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are weak in mathematics, I recommend you to hold for either science group or commerce group or arts group in twelveth class.

If you take science group, you can go for medical related courses.

If you take commerce group, you can go for bachelor in commerce or chattered accountant course or company secretaryship

If you take arts group, you can study literature.

If you are weak in mathematics, please do not go for engineering as the course mainly involves mathematical skills.
27th April 2015, 12:40 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The selection of stream for your further studies after your 10th depends upon your personal choice , interest , strength and weakness .But i am giving you some information which can helpful in making decision according to your future field .

Since you are not weak in Mathematics so science stream with the same is not a good choice but if you are interested in Science then you can opt same with Physics , Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects .If you choose the same then you will have many options for you in medical field and bit of too in technical field like Biotechnology , Biochemistry and Microbiology .Also you have to be serious about some basic application of Mathematics as they are used in Physics more often than not .

If you go for the commerce then you have nice career options in the business and management fields .

Arts stream has bit less career options when compared to the other two but if you work hard then you too have bright future in this stream too .

Apart from these there are many professional jobs available regardless of the stream with which you pursued your 12th and higher education such as Civil Services examination , banking sector jobs , teaching jobs , law field , defense jobs etc..

Again i want to state that selection of stream must be based on your own decision but for the wrong options under the influence or pressure of others can destroy your future .
27th April 2015, 08:49 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

If you are interested in Maths now to take in 11th for Science stream because in the Science stream Math is necessary so you have to select it but for Making the grip on this subject you can go for the coaching classes of Mathematics in any coaching academy Where you can ,make clear all the concepts of Mathematics.

Once you clear the main basic concepts in Mathematics it seems to you as an easiest task to do mathematics and it is a strong evidence that if a person is not yet now interested in any subject but at a time he select that as main subject and due to his strong willpower he got success in That field.

NOTE- I would like to suggest that for coaching you should prefer the low crowd coaching academy because you can ask your problems very easily because in A large crowd some candidates Hesitate to ask anything from teacher.
16th May 2017, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I am very weak in maths and thinking about to take science and to choose maths. If my marks gets reduced in maths will it bother me? I am confused about that.
12th June 2018, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I am weak in maths but I am interested in biology and I want to take science biology should I. My theory is good but in I am weak in numerical so can I take science biology
5th June 2022, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I take commerce without math??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?